Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Few Little Suggestions :)

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 07, 2010
Hello!

It's My first post here, so I hope I won't ruin anything.. >.>

Well, I've been gaming in Wizard101 for little of 3weeks, and only after pet patch I've found some glitches (stated in another thread), but also, I came up with few suggestions as to the game, maybe some of You would find same ideas useful, or even make up some of Yours :)

1. Mounts
Bosses dropping mounts is a FANTASTIC idea, BUT:
I just got another Seraph Wings from Alicane, and ir already starts counting, when I'm using My own wings... :(
I think, that IF people can get few mounts, and let's say, admins wouldn't like if people would have unlimited amount of them, here's a suggestion:
Make mounts start counting time only when You get them equipped, BUT let's say (to save mounts) let's give max 3at a time per player then :)
If You will have 1 in use, and 2in bag left, go grind for 3rd one, and so on and so on? :3

2. Pets
Pet's energy is something that confuses Me... Well, I LOVE to go for pet derby now, but if I finish with one pet, and I'd like to train another - I can't since energy costs for ALL pets alltogether. Splitting energy between pets would've been good, no? :o Then I (as well as other players) can grind for few pets, and not really over-do it :)

3. Player Teleport
One thing, that caught My attention - low level can go beat up Mallistaire anytime they want.. -.- I don't know, it's My personal opinion - I don't like it. Adding to friends and it IS kind of.. "cheating" :x
I'd say, let's make a limit for lower level players. Example:

Player A: level 50
Player B: level 20

I don't think teleporting should be availble then. IF, I am a young wizard, and am on level 10, teleporting could not SHOULD but COULD be available for Me only to people that are MAX 10 levels higher from Me (well, also taking into consideration place). 10 levels of difference should be enough for everyone :) And if not, maybe take normal players for difference of 10 levels, and let's say the ones on Family Plan (since we all know families DO play the game) 15 levels of difference or so for teleportation?
I don't know, it's just an idea really, not pushing anyone into anything here :p

Well, maybe I will have few more in My head soon..
But as for now this is it. Hope that maaaaaybe perhaps somehow something would be taken even into consideration ^^

Take care Young Wizards!
:D

Explorer
May 19, 2009
no no no. not all on the second one.First of all if you don't want your friends to port to you Turn that option off. And with Mal even low levels can Contribute. if you get to Mal and none of your high level friends are on it helps to have anyone along side you. Bad Idea sorry

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Lisandria wrote:
no no no. not all on the second one.First of all if you don't want your friends to port to you Turn that option off. And with Mal even low levels can Contribute. if you get to Mal and none of your high level friends are on it helps to have anyone along side you. Bad Idea sorry

Hmm.. I didn't even know about porting option to be honest, but thanks for telling Me :)

About Mallistaire, it's just My personal opinion really. True, they can contribute, never said they don't :)
Just hoping that people won't be sometimes such show offs about it :p

Otherwise,
no worries, just thought of it, wanted to see opinions :)

Explorer
May 19, 2009
Indeed. that kinda sounded Weird but i agree with the pet Option. i don't think all the pets should use the same energy kinda defeats the purpose of owning more than one pet eh?

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I love your idea about each pet having it's own energy. This makes more logical sense, anyway. I mean, why should I have to pick and choose between the pets? It takes FOREVER to get one to maturity. I think it would be much funner to level a couple at once. After all, as the folks at Wizard101 have mentioned, there are MILLIONS of combinations. In the current system, it takes weeks or months to find out what your pets abilities are. Leveling two or three at once would add much more excitement to this whole Pet expansion-thing.

Porting is a bit more complicated. I've met 30th level players who were better in a battle than Grandmasters. It's all about teamwork. My suggestion to you is to chose your friends carefully. Ask everyone to turn off thier port if you don't want to be disturbed. If someone does port into a fight, make sure they understand the strategy. For example, when a low-level wizard ports while I'm fighting Malistaire, I ask them not to hit him until after I do. This ensures that they don't waste traps. Most low level wizards will follow this general instruction, especially if you repay their consideration by giving them a blade or a shield.