Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Fasle report, cant be not on purpose?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Sep 26, 2009
I was just wondering, when you report someone, (i have never done it) dont you have to enter a reason, or can you just report them. Then if it is a false report, what could they have come up with? As the title says, it couldnt be a mistake could it? Because that you have to answer a question on what they did, then click yes. Then my other question is, why do people false report?

Mastermind
Jun 23, 2010
There is a spot for why you are reporting someone.

The only reasons I can come up for false reporting are;
#1-Immature players trying to get others in trouble.
#2-Not understanding what is really reportable.
#3-Not caring about #2.

I got false reported last night. Somebody was claiming to be an employee of KI while trying to get account info from my friend. I am glad I was there as I prevented that from happening. I asked to see the KI badge and surprise, surprise they could not show it. A million reasons why not, then I informed them they were lying and not KI Staff. Bingo-the you have been reported popped up. I was waiting to be sure before I reported them. I did. I was laughing so hard. The goose lied about being staff, threatened to ban me and false reported me.

I recognized the pattern and knew about the badge because of these boards! Thanks to Professor Greyrose for her posting pictures of the badge and telling us to ask to see it. :D

Megan

Historian
May 01, 2010
yea you have to enter a reason of reporting (how else would they know what to look for? i think) may not be the reson but off topic, the reason people false report is mostly of 3 things, one they dont know what the thing is, so they go around randomly reporting people( much less than reson number 2), and to, they are abusing it to get what they want, and 3, people who get sammed on those "mounts for card" "cards for codes" etc. deals.

this is a little off topic but i bet reason number 1 is mostly in play for people newer to the game, and number 2, any person really, and 3, mostly the gullible people who are too trusting(no offence to those people)

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
People false report for a lot of reasons. They think it will win them a PVP match, they want to get someone who mad them mad in trouble, they just have absolutely nothing better to do... The list goes on and on. If this does happen to you, don't be bothered. Kingsisle reads the recent chat surrounding every report, finds out who is at fault, and accordingly decides what should be done. When someone false reports, it's like shooting yourself in the foot. (That, or reporting yourself)

Taryn

Delver
Sep 26, 2009
:D Thanks for replying, now i am wondering, what happen if you are reported, and then it is true? You are banned or is the consequence based on the problem. Then, i wanted to know, why would some person report a person for none of the reasons listed. Aka random, as in in a place, not talking and you get reported. :D Thanks again for the input.

(thankfully never ben banned and only false reported twice one time for no reason........)

Administrator
Defender
Feb 28, 2010
People false report all the time, whether they are dealt with or not is unknown.

Friends have been reported in PVP just because they lost, claiming that the person cheated. There are a lot of sore losers in PVP, people who feel they are far superior to everyone else and get mad when that superiority has been compromised by losing!

It's very sad actually, and the only ways to deal with this is to either:

-turn off PVP Enemy Chat
-Ignore them
-Stay away from PVP

Professor Greyrose wrote:
Please take a moment to read the Frequently Asked Questions for the answer is there:

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/28843.ftl

Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009

I recognized the pattern and knew about the badge because of these boards! Thanks to Professor Greyrose for her posting pictures of the badge and telling us to ask to see it. :D

Megan

Where are the pictures, this would be good to know
Taryn

sunsword44 wrote:

Where are the pictures, this would be good to know
Taryn

This can be found in the Players Guide under Badges

KingsIsle employees have their own badge. If someone claims they are a KingsIsle employee but they cannot show you this badge, report them immediately.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Mastermind
Dec 21, 2009
Delver
Sep 26, 2009
Thanks to all of the people who replied, and to Professor Greyrose and Zeke for replying. :D I am outta questions so you can close this thread if you want :)