Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Failing to collect

AuthorMessage
Delver
Jun 30, 2009
This is becoming a real problem.
I am trying to get my Balance to level 48.
And i have a spider quest, so i fought 2 of them. Got 2 of the items i needed , then i failed to collect like 5 more times. Please fix this problem..

Survivor
Oct 24, 2009
it is not broken, so it can't be fixed. the chance of you getting what you need from a monster is random. you just have to be patient and keep trying.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
Never said it was broken.
And it is a problem
Never said I was fighting a boss
So.. Next time, read what i wrote!!

Ok!

Delver
Jul 30, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
And it is a problem

Ok!

You specifically asked that the problem be fixed.

Saying there's a problem that needs fixing is asking for something broken to be fixed. So the term used was appropriate.

Also, the respondant didn't say anything about bosses. He said MONSTERS. Which is exactly what you're fighting when doing the spider quest.

Perhaps in the future, you need to slow down and read what's been said as well as take into light how you worded your post was received and responded to. Seems anytime someone gives an answer in the different threads you don't particularly like, you immediately jump on the defensive and go on the attack in your responses towards them.

If you'd controlled your hotheaded response long enough to read what had been said, then you'd realize that the respondant was replying to your exact words and was addressing exactly what you were asking about.

Defender
May 30, 2009
Let's see....if you're asking for something to be fixed you are implying that that certain something IS broken. Maybe a little better wording next time would clarify your "meaning". Also, if you're having problems collecting in one area try going to a different area and fighting the same thing or changing realms.

Historian
Jun 14, 2009
XMike551X wrote:
And it is a problem

Ok!

First of all, your comment is rude and uncalled for. You asked for advice and someone was giving it to you. Next, you did state it was broken by stating "Please fix this problem.. " That implies it is broken. Why would you need to fix a problem if it isn't broken. So maybe next time you need to read what you wrote and maybe learn how to have some patience.

Delver
May 29, 2009
And it is a problem

Calm down. Take a deep breath. It's ok.

it is not broken, so it can't be fixed. the chance of you getting what you need from a monster is random. you just have to be patient and keep trying.

1. You said this was a problem you wanted fixed which some might imply that it is broken.
2. No one ever said you were fighting a boss
3. There is no need to get hostile to someone who is trying to offer you help.

I believe gtfvicecity was just trying to help you understand that if you are told to collect 8 of something from a particular monster, that does not mean that you only have to FIGHT 8 of those monsters. You can fight two of them and collect only one of what you need or none of the items. You are lucky if you got two from the fight. It may take fighting 30 monsters before you collect all of the items you need. They just said that the monster/enemy (spiders in this case) only drop what you need randomly.

Check the wording in the quest log. There is a difference between defeat 8 spiders and collect 8 items dropped by those same spiders.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
And it is a problem

Calm down. Take a deep breath. It's ok.

1. You said this was a problem you wanted fixed which some might imply that it is broken.
2. No one ever said you were fighting a boss
3. There is no need to get hostile to someone who is trying to offer you help.

I believe gtfvicecity was just trying to help you understand that if you are told to collect 8 of something from a particular monster, that does not mean that you only have to FIGHT 8 of those monsters. You can fight two of them and collect only one of what you need or none of the items. You are lucky if you got two from the fight. It may take fighting 30 monsters before you collect all of the items you need. They just said that the monster/enemy (spiders in this case) only drop what you need randomly.

Check the wording in the quest log. There is a difference between defeat 8 spiders and collect 8 items dropped by those same spiders.

Alura Hexcaster Master Sorceress

Someone did say that.
And I understand, i meant to refrase what I wrote about it being fixed.
Sorry, for making such a chaios.