Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error while loading

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
Initialization Error: Direct3D renderer creation error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type.

I started receiving this error a few days ago on a desktop PC running Windows XP SP2. Once this error occurs during loading the application closes.

Any ideas how to correct this problem?

Thanks

Administrator
The answer to this is on our support knowledge base. You can find it here

This error occurs usually as a result of the video settings not being correctly set. Please attempt both solutions - if you continue to receive error, please contact Mr. Lincoln by submitting a ticket on the "Ask a Question" tab.

1. Make sure your Hardware Acceleration is set to Full

1. Open the Display Properties in the Control Panel.
2. Click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshooting tab.
3. Drag the Hardware Acceleration slider to the right (Full).
4. Click Apply/OK and then click OK again.
5. Restart the computer.

2. If the above doesn't work, please make sure your video drivers are updated - How to Update Video Driver

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 26, 2008
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I did as was suggested, but when I reboot the slider always goes back to None. Any ideas?

BTW when I set it to full and launch the game or any game for that matter it works fine without having to reboot, but it would be a pain to have to reset the slider after every reboot. Please help.

Thank you.

Survivor
Feb 08, 2009
Survivor
May 03, 2009
I am getting this error too.

Hardware accelleration is at full. All vidio drivers are up to date. I am an MCSE, so I'm quite positive I have done everything possible to troubleshoot this issue.

Please advise as to how to remedy this problem.

Thanks.

Survivor
Jun 17, 2009
I'm still receiving this message when i attempt to play. Hardware acceleration is set to full, and still it doesnt work, please help me!!!

Administrator
We have the tech support you need, but we need more information from you, young Wizard!

If you have any questions or concerns regarding game or account matters, please send an email to: support@wizard101.com. Please include your account username and a DxDiag.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of the user's hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information in an email, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run it's course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-