Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

error code 126

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 16, 2009
Dear kingisle,
I have not been able to play wizards since last week wednesday. When i log on i get error 126. I have followed all the reccomended fixes and contacted my ISP provider and they have dumped the cache, i have submitted several support request attaching data bank a and data bank b but still receive the same response, "have you contacted your ISP and requested they dump the cache".
I need help with this, has anyone else been having these issues?

Survivor
Apr 23, 2010
I have beenhaving thisproblem too. I tried doing almost the same thing and it still won't work. I am with the first person to post this question that we need help from Kingsile. So can you help us Kingsisle?

Administrator
If you receive this error solution number, or are unable to patch the game then the below three solutions may resolve your problem.

Resetting your Proxy Settings:

Open your browser window
Choose "Tools" from your browser's menu section.
Click "Internet Options" and open the "Connections" tab
Choose "LAN Settings" to open a new window.
"Automatically Detect Settings" should be checked. UNLESS you are running an advanced network, then look below.
If this is checked we recommend that you uncheck it, click OK, then come back to the menu and recheck it.
Restart your PC after this and try to load Wizard101.

If you're using an advanced network:

Verify the "Use a Proxy Server for your LAN" box is checked and that the address and port match the settings you obtained from your network setup or helpdesk. If you have a script instead of an address and port, be sure the script address is entered under "Automatic Configuration." Also, be sure the check box for "Use Automatic Configuration Script" is checked. Click "OK" to finish.

Resetting your Firewall Exception Lists:

If the above doesn't work, then potentially your Firewall exception list could be the trouble. We recommend that you reset it back to defaults. Each Firewall manufacture achieves this a little different so you may need to check with your software's support site to find the correct instructions.

Your ISP is "Caching" files

Finally, if you receive this error message it may be because the game client was unable to patch correctly. The root cause of this failure is possibly caused by your Internet Service Provider "caching" the files which need to be updated. Caching of this nature allows Internet Service Providers to lower costs on bandwidth usage as files that are regularly used are hosted on the ISP network and do not require download from the Internet at large. Unfortunately, this means that the file you may be downloading is not the most current version required for the game to patch correctly.

To resolve this issue you'll need to contact your ISP and get your issue escalated to a technician knowledgeable enough to have the cache cleared/flushed. You may want to ask your ISP can have files from our CND white listed (http://versionllnw.us.wizard101.com/) so that regularly downloaded files from Wizard101 are either not cached, or their TTL (Time to Live) is reduced causing the cached file to expire and be replaced with a newer version of the file faster. This is a known issue which the Development team will be addressing in the future.

Should you require any further assistance please contact us at support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com