Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jan 03, 2011
I am not exactly sure where to post this and i apologize in advance for the trouble but it seemed like a good enough index.

I have been having this problem for a week or so. At times when i would like to change realm, go through a door or gate, or even change world, my screen would freeze then after a while a message would appear: "Error. this area is not available, try again later." then a few seconds later a window would open and say: "Error. failed to connect to server". I didn't think much of it and i would exit and log again and it would work. It's never happened until last week

But today it's like i am stuck in zafaria. I have been trying for the past hour and i can't go anywhere. I can't teleport to someone, i can't change realm and i can't change worlds. Every time i try the 2 messages pop up and i am sent back to the character page.

Is there anything i can do to stop this?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
nagashiki wrote:
I am not exactly sure where to post this and i apologize in advance for the trouble but it seemed like a good enough index.

I have been having this problem for a week or so. At times when i would like to change realm, go through a door or gate, or even change world, my screen would freeze then after a while a message would appear: "Error. this area is not available, try again later." then a few seconds later a window would open and say: "Error. failed to connect to server". I didn't think much of it and i would exit and log again and it would work. It's never happened until last week

But today it's like i am stuck in zafaria. I have been trying for the past hour and i can't go anywhere. I can't teleport to someone, i can't change realm and i can't change worlds. Every time i try the 2 messages pop up and i am sent back to the character page.

This isn't a problem with you, it's an issue with the game itself. Last night I got the "Error this area is not available" error a bunch of times. KI needs to fix this; it's been going on for quite some time and just seems to be getting worse.

Send a report to support via the link here. Maybe if enough of us complain, it will get fixed.

Explorer
Jul 22, 2009
nagashiki wrote:

Wow, this just happened to me yesterday. I have no idea why it happened.

Explorer
Aug 10, 2009
nagashiki wrote:

Sme here. BUT MINE IS WORSE! Its happens everywhere. I cant do anything then it coming and coming and my screen becomes black with the message. Then it takes me to desktop, and then it makes me come back in then right away. It goes away if I leave the area super fast. Help!

Survivor
Oct 02, 2011
Short Answer: Not much.

Basically, what's causing the phenomena you're seeing is a 'tightening' of the bandwidth that your computer uses to talk to KI's servers and keep contact with the game.

This usually happens because a: there's a whole pile of folks on the KI servers, and it's taxing its capacity, or there's a issue with your network connection (spotty service area or high usage times are the usual suspects.)

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do in either case is wait until a later time.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
nagashiki wrote:

We started having that problem here day before yesterday, also while flying along on broom suddenly the wizard pauses and resumes. When it first happened it was chronic now it seems to be less. I was stuck in the Bazaar for quite some time. Our graphic cards are up to date and our online signal seems to be working fine for everything else we do.