Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Error 100

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 24, 2009
Ok i recently redownloaded wizard101 and i have it so its pinned to my taskbar. (i have windows 7) When i click it on my taskbar, its gives me this:

The application should not be launched directly from the wizard101 folder. Please try running the game by clicking on the game icon on your desktop or in your start menu.

The problem was, it was on my task bar, and before i redownloaded the game, it worked, taskbar or not, so what is it a bug or did you update it so that it is not possible to start the game via my taskbar?

Administrator
Ah I think I know what happened here, young Wizard.

You've pinned the Wizard101.exe program straight out of the folder instead of pinning the Wizard101.exe that appears on your desktop on installation.

The Wizard101.exe program that appears on your desktop is more than a shortcut, it runs the game launcher, which in turn runs the game.

If you still have Wizard101.exe on your desktop, use that to launch the game.

If you continue to see this error, our support team may be able to help diagnose this further. Feel free to send an email to support@wizard101.com

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Apr 24, 2009