Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

“Epic Bundle” game card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Greetings,

I live in Belgium, Europe.
Can i also buy the “Epic Bundle” game card here in belgium or are the game cards only available in the US ?

These cards are only available in the USA. Our Gift Cards are distributed through a company called InComm that only offers distribution of these cards in the USA.

At this time, we are unable to offer Gift Cards in other countries, but offer our players the alternative to purchase Gift Certificates on our website. For more information on Gift Certificates, please visit https://www.wizard101.com/giftcertificate

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Survivor
Jan 24, 2010
Ow, i didn't find the option to buy them online through your website.
Guess i didn't search well enough.
Thank for the link.

Xenomon

Mastermind
Sep 11, 2010
I... find one missing piece of information about this.

Does buying a Gift Certificate get us the same benefits as the Epic Bundle card, or does it merely provide crowns/subscription? I ask, because I find no information about this on the Gift Certificate site itself - and while I don't mind supporting the game, I cannot afford to "test buy" crowns to see if it provides the gift card benefits.

Mostly because I want the superduper ultra awesome mcCool castle to store all my stuff in...

Survivor
Aug 07, 2009
No it currently does not come with anything other than the Crowns or Subscription you purchase.

Gift Certificates offer our international players (and players who don't use credit cards) to purchase Wizard101 with PayPal.

Bookshelvings wrote:
I... find one missing piece of information about this.

Does buying a Gift Certificate get us the same benefits as the Epic Bundle card, or does it merely provide crowns/subscription? I ask, because I find no information about this on the Gift Certificate site itself - and while I don't mind supporting the game, I cannot afford to "test buy" crowns to see if it provides the gift card benefits.

Mostly because I want the superduper ultra awesome mcCool castle to store all my stuff in...

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Defender
Aug 08, 2010
Zeke,

I understand why the gift cards are only available in certain areas, but why can you not offer the same bundled package online? There are occasions where I buy crowns through your website, but I also quite often buy the gift cards specifically so that I can get the free pet that comes with the card.

Why aren't any of these bundled packages offered through the website as well?

Survivor
Nov 20, 2009
Right on Gelwyn!!!!

I cannot wrap my head around the idea that you can't by th epic bundle
online....makes no sense at all, we live in 2010 and everything is online.....
but this must be all business of course :oI

Survivor
Dec 03, 2010
Do they know the amount of money they are losing by not making this a online buy option?

Survivor
Nov 12, 2010
Ubernoober wrote:
Do they know the amount of money they are losing by not making this a online buy option?

This is done to make stores want to carry them as exclusive items and thus make the store more money.

However i find it extremely unfair to the players from Canada and elsewhere that we are not offered an alternative package online. I would settle for a bundle without all of the benefits so long as i could get a few (like the mount).

Please KI if you read this, please make an online option for even a trimmed down version of this for your loyal but non American players!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Gelwyn wrote:
Zeke,

I understand why the gift cards are only available in certain areas, but why can you not offer the same bundled package online? There are occasions where I buy crowns through your website, but I also quite often buy the gift cards specifically so that I can get the free pet that comes with the card.

Why aren't any of these bundled packages offered through the website as well?

Because the stores that sell the exclusive items (like Gamestop with Epic Bundle) bought the rights to sell those exclusive items. If Wizard 101 offered the same items through gift certificates or online it would nullify the deal with those vendors.

If wizards are upset about not getting exclusive items overseas/online, they need to contact InComm or the individual retailers and ask them to export to your country location. I'm not saying it will happen, but that's the company that needs to hear the customer complaints. Wizard 101 can only create NEW exclusive items for gift certificates not existing ones.

By the way, I believe Best Buy is still the only retail vendor that offers Wizard 101 gift cards online. Not sure if you can order them from another country, but you can certainly order them from anywhere in the United States. Wizards need to convince the other retailer vendors to do the same as Best Buy, not complain to KI staff who really have nothing to do with that.

Defender
Jan 09, 2011
Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
Agapetos wrote:

I cannot wrap my head around the idea that you can't by th epic bundle
online....makes no sense at all, we live in 2010 and everything is online.....
but this must be all business of course :oI

you're complaining to the wrong people. The gift card is something Gamestop is selling, not Wizard101.com.

If you want to be able to buy it online, then talk Gamestop into selling it from their website online.

Survivor
Feb 17, 2009
I just think these online stores will make KI lose money, i'm sorry. :(
But I have to disagree.
Although, I do have an idea.
Would it work if our ordered it from GS's site?
GS = Gamestop. :D

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
letter21 wrote:
I just think these online stores will make KI lose money, i'm sorry. :(

how? KI has an agreement with them to sell a specific product - in this case, a specific gift card that no one else can sell. KI is going to get the same amount from gamestop regardless of whether gamestop sells the cards through their online or offline stores.

And, if gamestop DOES sell the cards through their online stores they might sell more of them, resulting in more of a profit for KI.

How does that lose KI money?