Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Enchanted Treasure Card Trading Change

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 08, 2009
Now I know this topic is now locked, but I stopped playing w101 for about 8 months. I came back with the great updates such as Celestia, Pets and Gardening (although I haven't had the time and gold to try it yet). The only thing that left me a little bit confused was this update (Enchanted Treasure Cards Trading).

The fact is i believe that wizards who have reached the grandmaster stage shouldn't have their chance to help their second, third and fourth wizards taken away. I absolutely understand the imbalanced part of pvp, but I would of thought that KI would find a way to stop those cards from simply being used in pvp. I just spent about an hour and 15k working on making a bunch of these cards to see that my time and gold was wasted. :( Although it doesn't bother me much, I would like to know why it is SO wrong for players who have taken the time to make their way through the game to have this slight advantage on first time wizards. It is a way to prove that you are a veteran to the game as well as a good chance to help out newcomers.

For example, I have a level 60 balance character and have ice as a second school (mainly for tower shield). I just recently started an ice character and therefore made some nice ice cards to help him along the way. I find ice treasure cards are much more useful as they make good use of power pips :). Now my fights will more than likely last the same amount of turns since i will have to wait for 5-6 pips to kill a monster with 500-600 hp. (not including blades and traps) Also, I had to use a lot of my points on my balance character in order to get these ice cards (it's not like i could get them for every school).

I hope you do not portrait the tone of this message as a rant because I am just being curious. So if anyone has any more detail for me I would appreciate it :)

Thanks, DrQuantum

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
DrQuantum wrote:
Now I know this topic is now locked, but I stopped playing w101 for about 8 months. I came back with the great updates such as Celestia, Pets and Gardening (although I haven't had the time and gold to try it yet). The only thing that left me a little bit confused was this update (Enchanted Treasure Cards Trading).

The fact is i believe that wizards who have reached the grandmaster stage shouldn't have their chance to help their second, third and fourth wizards taken away. I absolutely understand the imbalanced part of pvp, but I would of thought that KI would find a way to stop those cards from simply being used in pvp. I just spent about an hour and 15k working on making a bunch of these cards to see that my time and gold was wasted. :( Although it doesn't bother me much, I would like to know why it is SO wrong for players who have taken the time to make their way through the game to have this slight advantage on first time wizards. It is a way to prove that you are a veteran to the game as well as a good chance to help out newcomers.

For example, I have a level 60 balance character and have ice as a second school (mainly for tower shield). I just recently started an ice character and therefore made some nice ice cards to help him along the way. I find ice treasure cards are much more useful as they make good use of power pips :). Now my fights will more than likely last the same amount of turns since i will have to wait for 5-6 pips to kill a monster with 500-600 hp. (not including blades and traps) Also, I had to use a lot of my points on my balance character in order to get these ice cards (it's not like i could get them for every school).

I hope you do not portrait the tone of this message as a rant because I am just being curious. So if anyone has any more detail for me I would appreciate it :)

Thanks, DrQuantum

I just recently posted a similar question regarding the enchanted cards, but on a little different level I think. I have some treasure cards that were given to my Legendary and Grandmasters before the changes were made. Some are myth, storm, fire and even some life. I would just like to be able to give those cards to my younger wizards on the same account but limited to their level as to the rank of cards I can give them. I am not interested in selling or trading them to other friends as all my friends are adults and most of us are in the same boat so to speak. But if it is not possible to trade them to my other wizards through the shared bank, I will eventually sell them. I do not PVP and have no interest at this time in doing so. Maybe at a later time, but I also understand the issues that have come up in that area with enchanted cards. I give Credit to KI for doing what had to be done in order to stop the abuse that arose with the use of enchanted cards and PVP.

If you are going to PVP, you need to at least be fair. Players complain about some of the bosses that CHEAT. Isn't that the same thing? Yes it is.