Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Empower issue

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 02, 2011
I don' t know how the game designers intended Empower to work, but this seems rather odd.

When I cast a spell on myself that is 4 pips or more, I get a pip just like I should

but

I do not lose any pips. The spell should cost me to cast, I am assuming, but at present I'm retaining all the pips and power pips I had before I cast the spell and then adding one pip to that total.

If the game designers really meant to make my high level healing spells free to cast like this, fantastic, but it just seems a little odd to me.

Defender
Jan 02, 2011
tanda1 on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I don' t know how the game designers intended Empower to work, but this seems rather odd.

When I cast a spell on myself that is 4 pips or more, I get a pip just like I should

but

I do not lose any pips. The spell should cost me to cast, I am assuming, but at present I'm retaining all the pips and power pips I had before I cast the spell and then adding one pip to that total.

If the game designers really meant to make my high level healing spells free to cast like this, fantastic, but it just seems a little odd to me.
I meants empowerment, the astral spell, not empower the spell that costs you pips to cast

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
tanda1 on Apr 13, 2013 wrote:
I meants empowerment, the astral spell, not empower the spell that costs you pips to cast
Empowerment is an enhancement spell. And, just like the other enhancements (amplify, fortify, etc.) does not require a pip to cast.

Once the aura is up, you will get an extra pip for every spell over 4 pips that hits you~ this includes both heals and attacks. If you are Death (which it sounds like you are, since you mentioned Empower), your self-drain heal will still do damage to you, but you will gain a pip as well.

-von
90 balance & death