Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon/Boss Quests Dont Seem Finished

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 27, 2010
I find that sometimes when i do dungeons or fight bosses (alone and w/ friends) the quests that i did say that i didn't do them. This has happened several times already, but i just now found out how to post a problem. I just did a dungeon in Celestia where i had to fight some enemies and a storm boss. After doing every part of the dungeon it had said that I didn't beat the boss so when i went back to press on the book that summoned the boss nothing was summoned and i got no credit meaning that I had to get out of the dungeon and do it all over. I don't know why I should have to do a dungeon twice to get the same one quest done. So if anyone has a solution or has had this happen to you please comment.
~Level 64 Legendary Thaumaturge Jason Icehammer~

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
lugiahooh wrote:
I find that sometimes when i do dungeons or fight bosses (alone and w/ friends) the quests that i did say that i didn't do them. This has happened several times already, but i just now found out how to post a problem. I just did a dungeon in Celestia where i had to fight some enemies and a storm boss. After doing every part of the dungeon it had said that I didn't beat the boss so when i went back to press on the book that summoned the boss nothing was summoned and i got no credit meaning that I had to get out of the dungeon and do it all over. I don't know why I should have to do a dungeon twice to get the same one quest done. So if anyone has a solution or has had this happen to you please comment.
~Level 64 Legendary Thaumaturge Jason Icehammer~

Some dungeons have parallel questlines in them. In other words, there is a questline exclusive to that dungeon and a questline outside of the dungeon that asks you to do something particular within that dungeon. The external questline is not always visiable, because the quest tracker usually only shows your internal questline. You have to check your quest book before leaving the dungeon, just to make sure. This is especially true if you are doing the dungeons with others since you might not activate the "external" questline requirement, because another player did the "X" pressing or walked into the correct room.

Your best bet is to not divide up requirements within dungeons. Everyone should all do the same exact actions, just to be sure or like mentioned above, recheck your quest log.

In the instance of the dungeon you are referring to, everyone has to click the gate (to summon Stormfist) before anyone initiates the duel against him. Because it won't work if he is already defeated (like you already experienced). Clicking the "gate," updates your "external" quest.

Similiarly, within the Labrinyth. Everyone has to walk into the Dean's room to update their "external" quest. If you port to someone already in, or others defeat him without you there, your "internal" quest will update, but you will have to redo the entire dungeon again to update your "external" quest.