Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dungeon slot being wasted

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Mar 14, 2010
It's hard to explain but here goes:

So lets say you go into a dungeon that has a limit of four people. Two of the people in your group port in but a fourth one ports in and you politely tell them to leave because the fourth spot was reserved for someone else.

They leave, but unfortunately now only THAT person can return, because if anyone else tried to port in, it will say the dungeon is full, regardless of the fact that the person left.

Basically the game reserves the fourth spot and you lose the ability to have the people you need in your group. Your only option is to reinvite the person who ported in, or play the dungeon with three people, including yourself.

The only way to stop this (as far as I know) is to wait 30 minutes to go again so that you can have the four people that you want, or, to let the person who intruded to go through the dungeon (which isn't fair to the people you originally invited).

Defender
Jul 21, 2009
I agree. I was doing the Malistaire instance and someone ported out to refill there health and mana. Then one of my friends mindlessly ported in. When I told him we already had a forth person and he ported out, our friend had the same problem. We were even almost done and we had to start all over. I to agree that this problem should be fixed so that when for people enter a dungon and this situation happens, it should not say it is full.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Isn't the fix for this situation to create a Group of the members you want in the dungeon? Then the members' places are reserved for them, I believe.

Defender
Jun 11, 2009
yes, i have had this happen to me as well. HOWEVER, there is a way around it. this doesnt always work but at least try it. first, have the unwanted person log off(only for a second, he can log back on after). then, instead of teleporting, have the friend who was originally with you WALK to the instance/ dungeon, and enter. now that he is in the dungeon, try getting him to teleport to you. if it still says full dungeon, then try meeting up in the exact same spot in the instance. if it still didn't work, then either you did something wrong or the game hates you.

NOTE: this will not work if your friend that you want in has been out of dungeon for more than 30 minutes or has logged off.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
I too have encountered that extremely flawed and frustrating full dungeon notice too many times to count. The easiest solution would be for KI to drop the "reserved" slot if the person does not come back in 2 minutes (far more time than is necessary to refill your health and/or mana).

Note that I don't mention refilling bottles, because going into a dungeon when you don't have full bottles isn't very smart.