Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dud wisps

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
I've noticed that when I come out of an area or tower, after the "Loading..." screen, oftentimes the first wisp I try to pick up won't register. This happens on both my characters. I haven't noticed any packet loss or ping spikes or anything of the sort when that occurs. Has anyone else noticed the "Dud wisps" ? Or is it just me? :P

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I'm in Marleybone right now (just got there), and I'm noticing it too. It has happened when I come out of bosses' fights and even when I'm walking the rooftops too. Didn't run into this until Marleybone. It's both the red and blue wisps too.
I think I'll send a bug report and see if they know about it...

Delver
May 29, 2009
You are not alone. I have run through the same wisp wondering how come it doesn't register and disappear over and over again. I finally give up and when I run about 10 feet in front of it attaches to me like static cling.

I can only guess that "objects in the game may appear closer (or in this case, further) than you expect".

Alura Hexcaster Grandmaster Sorceress

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
This happens to me frequently. I always contributed it to lag.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Geographer
Feb 27, 2009
Survivor
Jan 10, 2010
:(Yeah its getting quite annoying AND it like oh i need health then you get no health -_-

Defender
May 18, 2009
Survivor
Dec 19, 2008
my wizard is so cool he is a grand fire named arlen starheadman he is maybe not the best wizard to you but to me he is.IN pvp i never use dragon well maybe in 4v4 3v3 3v3 but not 1v1 i only use helephant in 1v1 :)

Defender
Dec 18, 2008
i've had this happen too the best thing to do is go through it and then go to another one pick it up then go back to the one that didn't register and you can pick it up then

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
Finally someone started a post about it!!
Thank you Leophanx, I really need KI to fix the problem.
Its driving me insane!
Already, here are the wisps that take 10 seconds to make the ding sound and give me health, but then theres these wisps that DONT BUDGE AT ALL!
this NEEDS to be fixed!!! :x :x :x
ABout 3/4 of the wisps around dont budge or tke 10 seconds to give me health!

Plz plz plz plz plz fix it KI

Survivor
Mar 07, 2010
jake22212 wrote:
my wizard is so cool he is a grand fire named arlen starheadman he is maybe not the best wizard to you but to me he is.IN pvp i never use dragon well maybe in 4v4 3v3 3v3 but not 1v1 i only use helephant in 1v1 :)

Please stay on topic