Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dropped Temporary Mounts Problem

AuthorMessage
Hero
Aug 23, 2009
KI-

I may have been out for a bit, but when and why can we not sell the temporary mounts that are dropped? I know I have sold them in the past and ended up with a couple today while farming and now they are just sitting in my backpack waiting to expire, as no auction, no sell. Come on, I understand the no auction, but no sell?! That doesn't make any sense, I purchased a permanent mount a while ago and have no use for temporary mounts, so why am I not allowed to sell them?

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The mount is a sort of preview, put there to give wizards a free preview, and encourage them to purchase one.

I've noticed that the mounts are usually dropped with regular items (rarely alone), so they're just an added bonus and not actually taking the place of something that can be sold.

Astrologist
Aug 13, 2009
Krailzec wrote:
KI-

I may have been out for a bit, but when and why can we not sell the temporary mounts that are dropped? I know I have sold them in the past and ended up with a couple today while farming and now they are just sitting in my backpack waiting to expire, as no auction, no sell. Come on, I understand the no auction, but no sell?! That doesn't make any sense, I purchased a permanent mount a while ago and have no use for temporary mounts, so why am I not allowed to sell them?

Because they are rentals. Just like the real world, you can't sell a rental car, for that would be illegal! :D