Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rate on Quests Like Powering Up

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 28, 2009
Ok, for this particular part of the quest line (Powering Up in Celestia), we have so far killed approximately 12 water matons and gotten 1 out of 3 drops. Water Matons are, of course, mixed in with other mobs, so we have killed more mobs than that. This is, unfortunately, all too typical of quests that require drops instead of kill counts.

It would be nice if there were a maximum number of the appropriate mob before the item dropped instead of just the random table, because randoms always leave somebody at the really horrible end. A nice, reasonable number, like 4 or 5... My daughter has far more patience than I do for this quest, when I did it, I am pretty sure I logged off and back in another time several times.

Repetitive, too, because you need the same mobs for repeat quests in the line.

Thanks for listening!

Survivor
May 10, 2010
vemlyon wrote:
Ok, for this particular part of the quest line (Powering Up in Celestia), we have so far killed approximately 12 water matons and gotten 1 out of 3 drops. Water Matons are, of course, mixed in with other mobs, so we have killed more mobs than that. This is, unfortunately, all too typical of quests that require drops instead of kill counts.

It would be nice if there were a maximum number of the appropriate mob before the item dropped instead of just the random table, because randoms always leave somebody at the really horrible end. A nice, reasonable number, like 4 or 5... My daughter has far more patience than I do for this quest, when I did it, I am pretty sure I logged off and back in another time several times.

Repetitive, too, because you need the same mobs for repeat quests in the line.

Thanks for listening!

Well, Random Drops are part of the game! It just makes it more challenging, And I've never had much problems with dropping quest related Items. It just requires patience.