Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Drop Rate of Amber

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 15, 2014
Ok I know a lot of crafters may disagree with me and Kingslsle with probably most likely disagree, but amber is WAY to hard to get. I understand that crafting is suppose to be challenge but this is too extreme. I have planted so many king parsley plants and red bell pepper plants and haven't gotten a SINGLE ONE. I also know that many of you have gotten a decent amount of amber from gardening but my luck with this game isn't that good when it comes to plant drops. I also have an issue with gardening all the time because I train a lot of pets all of the time. Maybe the transmute recipe could be a bit easier or raise the drop rate on plants. PLEASE I am begging you Kingslsle please make amber a little easier to get!

Morgan Darkrider 110

Delver
Jul 24, 2015
Amber is certainly hard to get when you need it!

The recipe uses 10 reagents (5 Amber Dust, 5 Merle Whisker) that are only slightly less rare than the Amber that you end up with. The Amber I get is very rarely from the transmute.

From experience, it seems like about 1 in 15 harvests of Elder Red Bell Pepper will be Amber.

I do see it drop from time to time from bosses in Aquila, Darkmoor, and Polaris (specifically Jeweled Slopes bosses and once from Omen Stribog). These areas have good enough drops that you'd probably find it worthwhile to farm your Amber there. At the very least, you'd probably get some other items you would like.