Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Double black mantle power?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Hey i was doing a quickmatch 2v2 tourney and we were first. My partner did a black mantle (actual card 45%) and i did tc black mantle 55% which adds up to 100%. The guy we did it to had 9% accuracy and did a tc frost giant (80%). He could not have enchanted it because he was only a level 38 ice therefore it must have been tc frost giant. He did not have infallible on. so to summarize we gave him a total of -100% and he had 89% accuracy ( -100% + 89% = -11%) therefore he had no accuracy guaranteeing him to fizzle but somehow he powered his spell. Can someone either explain this or could it be fixed.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
They do not add together, they are multiplied like any other blades, therefore it was not -100%, more like -97.75%. The chance to fizzle is then multiplied by his chance to power the spell which was 89%. So he had about a 2% chance to power the spell, very lucky I would say.

Survivor
Aug 25, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Dec 28, 2016 wrote:
They do not add together, they are multiplied like any other blades, therefore it was not -100%, more like -97.75%. The chance to fizzle is then multiplied by his chance to power the spell which was 89%. So he had about a 2% chance to power the spell, very lucky I would say.
Thanks for the help. thats a very odd mech, you would think they would be additive.