Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dorm Room decoration

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 24, 2008
I thought we need a little personalization in this game. what if we could decorate our room with items we find in the game? like, we could collect funiture for our dorms. it could come in all types like when you go inside a store and all those cabinets with boots and wands, or inside teachers' classrooms and towers, and other furniture inside the game. This would also mean making the dorm bigger! There would be a store in every world where you can buy furniture. Staff, please take this into consideration!What does everyone else think?

Explorer
Jul 12, 2008
Survivor
Aug 22, 2008
Explorer
May 22, 2008
It's been mentioned that player housing is supposed to be one of the post-launch big updates, probably a ways away from now.

Survivor
Jul 16, 2008
Explorer
Aug 25, 2008
I say HECK YEAH.

I'd even spend cash to get crowns and buy really extra nifty decorations for my dorm room - including seasonal decorations!

Survivor
Aug 08, 2008
I have to disagree. Why you may ask? The only person in the game who will see the dorm is you. The purpose of the dorm is to serve as a bank. Sure, there are screenshots, but it's not going to make too much of an impact. I don't think the creatures/people of The Spiral would be too happy if you spent time decorating your dorm then fighting evil.
Anyway, as you get higher level you will spend less and less time at Wizard City. Sooner or later the only reson you might go there is to learn from your techer. Sure, you might have a big and fancy dorm that you practicly never use.

But this made me think, our dorms should have some other feature. I don't know, teleporters, a map of the spiral (Say Gamma gave us a paper map?), something to regain health, something to make it more WORTHWHILE to visit your dorm. Also, I find that the dorms are kinda.. you know.. blank. I think that's why people might want to personalize it. More detail, lighting, and objects might fix it.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Survivor
Jun 24, 2008

But this made me think, our dorms should have some other feature. I don't know, teleporters, a map of the spiral (Say Gamma gave us a paper map?), something to regain health, something to make it more WORTHWHILE to visit your dorm. Also, I find that the dorms are kinda.. you know.. blank. I think that's why people might want to personalize it. More detail, lighting, and objects might fix it.

Maybe, this would be added if the idea is accepted

Survivor
May 29, 2008
Lawliet wrote:
I have to disagree. Why you may ask? The only person in the game who will see the dorm is you.
Actually, if you go to a friend who is currently in his/her dorm, you will be brought to him/her.