Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

do i need other school's spells? help!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 16, 2009
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right board but I have a pretty urgent question to ask.
I'm a Level 28 Diviner and I'm in Marleybone, but all i have in my deck are Storm spells and Balance spells. (Balance is my secondary school.) If I go to the other schools in Ravenwood I'm still at a Level 8 spell at Life and Myth. I forget what I'm at in Death. Is this bad, and/or should I find a way to get these other spells? Will it be worth it even if I could find a way?

Any help would be appreciated. (:

Explorer
Nov 01, 2008
Umm just going to point this out, you should really try to only have TWO Secondary schools plus the blades from Krokosphinx. This is how I spent my points. I have 17 points. I Spent 7 points on life for satyr, 7 points on death for feint, and then I have 3 points for my blade and traps. The last point i just hvae roaming lol but I have it for other times. I also have a training point quest i must complete.

Hero
May 27, 2009
You don't actually NEED other schools' spells, they are just "icing on the cake" if you want to do higher hits, then go for Feint from Death school. If you want to be able to heal, go for Satyr from Life. If you want, a lot of people seem to like getting Tower Shield from the ice school. Unfortunately, you have to train the lower level spells from each school to get the "good" ones. That's probably why we get so many to spread around.

I also spent a Training Point on Reshuffle from Mildred Farseer in Colossus for my wizards, and I got Storm Shield from Sabrina in the Fairegrounds, plus the blades and traps from Niles the Balance Tree.

But, just so you know, there are wizards who have never spent a single training point and they achieve Grandmaster just fine. You just need to be able to formulate a strategy.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
When you talk to a trainer at any of the schools, you'll get a list of spells (unless you've already learned all of the spells that trainer has to offer). The lowest spell in the list that you haven't already learned will be available (lit up). The others will be dark and can't be learned until you learn each of the lower level spells, in order. Spells you've already learned won't appear in the list. If you don't have any training points to spend, or if you aren't a high enough level to train any of the available spells, they'll all be dark.

If you're "at a Level 8 spell in Life and Myth)", meaning they're the bottom spells on the list you see and the ones lit up, it means you've already learned the Levels 1 and 5 spells for each school. Those should appear on the right in your Spell Deck, and at your level there should be more than one page of them.