Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dispell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
So, I am in WinterTusk, and I keep "defeating" these ravens. I use scarecrow. Though, they use myth imp. So I get dispelled. So? Whats the problem? The problem is, I lose ALL the pips it costs for the scarecrow, even though the scarecrow didn't work. I need help with this problem. With this bug. I'll never be able to beat WinterTusk! Please help me out. Thank you for reading this post, and I hope you can help out with this problem.

Thank you,

-- Jacob DeathThief, Legendary Necromancer.

Adherent
May 20, 2010
From what I understand, you're supposed to lose your pips if your spell gets dispelled.

Historian
Jan 05, 2011
j99dude wrote:
So, I am in WinterTusk, and I keep "defeating" these ravens. I use scarecrow. Though, they use myth imp. So I get dispelled. So? Whats the problem? The problem is, I lose ALL the pips it costs for the scarecrow, even though the scarecrow didn't work. I need help with this problem. With this bug. I'll never be able to beat WinterTusk! Please help me out. Thank you for reading this post, and I hope you can help out with this problem. Thank you, -- Jacob DeathThief, Legendary Necromancer.
it's not a glitch or bug, that's what dispels do. use either a death wand or keep some death shields in your deck. any zero pip death spell would be good- a blade, trap, or whatever. then cast those to get rid of the dispel. -eli and crew

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
j99dude wrote:
So, I am in WinterTusk, and I keep "defeating" these ravens. I use scarecrow. Though, they use myth imp. So I get dispelled. So? Whats the problem? The problem is, I lose ALL the pips it costs for the scarecrow, even though the scarecrow didn't work. I need help with this problem. With this bug. I'll never be able to beat WinterTusk! Please help me out. Thank you for reading this post, and I hope you can help out with this problem.

Thank you,

Why don't you remove the dispells before casting scarecrow?

Defender
May 06, 2009
kingurz wrote:
j99dude wrote:

Thank you,

While I do understand dispell and normally don't have an issue with it. There is the case where the mobs start the round first. You select scarecrow/wraith/whatever, then they go put the dispell on you and the round continues and you end up casting the spell loosing all of your pips. While like I said this is normally a rare occurance one fight I endedup with like 4 of them in a row. It really was annoying that fight, fortunatly like i've said it is a rare occurance.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
steveheffner wrote:
kingurz wrote:
j99dude wrote:

Thank you,

While I do understand dispell and normally don't have an issue with it. There is the case where the mobs start the round first. You select scarecrow/wraith/whatever, then they go put the dispell on you and the round continues and you end up casting the spell loosing all of your pips. While like I said this is normally a rare occurance one fight I endedup with like 4 of them in a row. It really was annoying that fight, fortunatly like i've said it is a rare occurance.

While not an exact science, you also have to anticipate when the enemy is going to dispell too. The first couple of rounds (except in Wintertusk and Celestia) is likely to be dispells, weakness, or something similar. When the enemy is full of pips, the chance of dispells decreases, but the chance of a rank 5 or higher spell increases. That would be a good time to either shield for the attack or attack with scarecrow. Again, not always exact and gets even more complicated with multiple enemies, but can be judged to a certain degree.

Delver
Jul 04, 2010
In wintertusk and celestia, the more pips they have the more likely you'll be hit with a dispel or weakness. For instance, if a myth enemy has at least 5 pips, you should be expecting a myth imp which has death and life dispels. If they have 6 or more pips you should expect a quake or myth imp. When fighting death enemies, anytime they have 6 or more pips, they could use the ninja pigs that comes with a weakness.

Geographer
Nov 22, 2010
steveheffner wrote:

While I do understand dispell and normally don't have an issue with it. There is the case where the mobs start the round first. You select scarecrow/wraith/whatever, then they go put the dispell on you and the round continues and you end up casting the spell loosing all of your pips.

So don't take the chance that they'll dispel you that round. Cast something else. Blade first, or put a trap on them, or just pass.

Since you know it happens, take steps to keep it from affecting you.