Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Disconnect in the middle of a battle

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 08, 2011
I recently got to Wysteria (Yaaaaay, Go me, Go me, Go me)
But when I try to battle goblins and everyone joins in to help, I experience high amounts of lag, followed by a disconnect (It seems to like it when I start my meteor spell ) . I don't want to keep my friends battling alone. :(
I believe this is caused by the small streets and excessive animations. Is anyone else having this problem? I don't really want to be the person who always leaves after starting a battle...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Yes, I had the same issue when Wintertusk came out. The increase in "activity" within the same zone is just about as much as my graphics card can handle (although I don't get disconnected). As the "newness" of the zone wears off I experience this problem less and less. However, there are spells (like you mentioned) that no matter how much activity goes on in the street will cause a minor hiccup when I'm travelling down the sidewalk. Like if I encounter a battle in Marleybone and Meteor Strike is used, I experience a slight freeze for half a second.