Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Discolored Crowns Shop Hairstyles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I recently purchased a new black Owl hairstyle from the crown shop. I love the new hairstyles, but I was rather shocked when I saw mine in-game. This has to be a glitch.
In the shop the black hair looks, well, as it should, dark black. But once I made my purchase it appeared grey and faded.
Has this happened to anyone else? I really hope it's a glitch. I don't know if it's just me experiencing it or not. I don't like the grey appearance and I hope it's retextured and fixed soon.

Survivor
Mar 21, 2009
I have this problem too. I saw it, realized it, and was a little disappointed. I hope they change it also. I bought this for my death and she usually has a dark black and light green outfit and the hairstyle seems out of place so...

Defender
Jun 18, 2012
ThoughtfulThaumatu... on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
I recently purchased a new black Owl hairstyle from the crown shop. I love the new hairstyles, but I was rather shocked when I saw mine in-game. This has to be a glitch.
In the shop the black hair looks, well, as it should, dark black. But once I made my purchase it appeared grey and faded.
Has this happened to anyone else? I really hope it's a glitch. I don't know if it's just me experiencing it or not. I don't like the grey appearance and I hope it's retextured and fixed soon.
actually my dark black owl wig does look good on my storm wizard. it makes me look a little like mavis on hotel Transylvania.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
I like the owl hairstyle, but it's WAY too short for me, if there was a style like the owl but twice as long then that would be my perfect hairstyle (I have that in real life!)

-Stephanie Moonblade, Grandmaster (level 50) pyromancer.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I agree, there are color issues with the hair. I bought a brown that appears red in game, and a light brown that appears blonde in game.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have had the same problem as well~ i bought the owl for my necromancer, changing his hair from blond to dark brown, but it looks almost reddish on the load screen. totally not what i was going for, ki.

please look into this, kthanksbye.

-v.

Defender
May 03, 2009
I chose a light blonde hair color on the owl style and it looks yellow. Not what I wanted :(

Survivor
May 30, 2010
So my mysteriously orange 'red-haired' Owl is not alone? I'm somewhat relieved.

I do so wish they'd offered a longer hair style. I'd really prefer it to all the short cuts provided.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on May 4, 2013 wrote:
So my mysteriously orange 'red-haired' Owl is not alone? I'm somewhat relieved.

I do so wish they'd offered a longer hair style. I'd really prefer it to all the short cuts provided.
nope, it's clearly not just you.

i was hoping for some longer styles, too~ the short ones are cute, but they didn't *all* have to be that way.

Survivor
May 13, 2010
I have previewed the Swan hairstyle and think it looks like mine. I previewed the colors and found a brownish reddish color like my hair color. However, reading your message do you think it won't be brownish reddish?

~Jacob NightHunter Level 82 Archmage Sorcerer

Survivor
Feb 12, 2011
leg0master on May 12, 2013 wrote:
I have previewed the Swan hairstyle and think it looks like mine. I previewed the colors and found a brownish reddish color like my hair color. However, reading your message do you think it won't be brownish reddish?

~Jacob NightHunter Level 82 Archmage Sorcerer
I'm not sure about the swan, most of the comments here are about the owl, but again I'm not quite sure

-Stephanie Moonblade Grandmaster (level 50) Pyromancer.

Mastermind
Jun 01, 2009
yeah, I had this problem too. my black hairstyle was gray, but my blond hairstyle was unglitched.

Survivor
Apr 11, 2012
Yeah l have this problem to, I bought the owl (brown) for one of my girls and it shows up white/gray when I equip it, so I had to just unstitch it, now it sits in my shared bank doing nothing. It made me look old!

Administrator
There can be a few things that will impact the color of your hairstyle.

Just like a t-shirt looks a little different in sunlight than it does with indoor, or fluorescent lighting, so will a hairstyle look different in some worlds of the Spiral. Worlds have different values and hues for lighting. Colors appear a little darker in Marleybone than they appear in Krokotopia.

Turning the 'Bloom' setting to OFF in your options panel may give you a truer color to what you saw in the Crown Shop preview window.

If you feel that the color of your hairstyle is so radically different than the preview window - please
  • turn off bloom in your options panel and see if that helps
  • move to different worlds of the Spiral (or even streets and houses) to see how the colors vary depending on the lighting for each zone
  • if you're still convinced it's too different, send a screenshot of your character wearing the hairstyle to community@wizard101.com and we will look at what you are seeing

community@wizard101.com