Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deleting So-Called Friends

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
This may sound crazy, but I have been deleted from more than a few Friends Lists. When I am deleted, I just cannot find that friend on my list anymore. However, I have also deleted quite a few folks. And yet THEY can still find ME! How is this done?

I have a friend who has deleted this one guy and yet he can always text chat her when she is online! I thought the delete was a two way street! It seems if I get deleted, I cannot find my old friend; but if I delete someone, they can still get to me.

This is a huge problem and I was just wodering if anyone knows how to delete a person and have them NOT be able to text chat you? My friend and I pay to play and we feel we should be able to use all of our wizards. Yet this one person is making that impossible because we cannot delete him! I just need to find a way around this, so any and all help is appreciated!

Delver
May 04, 2009
Someone told me to make sure that when you go to delete someone from your friends list, make sure that the person is "online" when you delete them. If they are not online, you are deleting them from your list, but you still show up on their list. Sounds like that is what happened to you.

Delver
Jun 30, 2009
The reason they can "Text-Chat" you is because when they log off you're the last person that they talked too. So usually you can press the letter "R" and it will pop-up with the name so you can Text-Chat someone. Make sure that there Online, and if they message you again just click on there profile "Ignore".

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
Instead of deleting them, use the Ignore. It seems to both delete them, and keep them from texting and porting to you from that point forward. Even if they are offline at the time.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2009
Thanks so much for the response! And yes it must be what happened here; we deleted his main while he was online but his other wizards took more time to get to, so he was off line by then.

Thaks again!