Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Deleting "Friends"

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Hi, I was just wondering, I deleted some "friends" tonight and I've had some experience. where they've contacted me even if I deleted them. I've had it where I've logged on and friends have deleted me and I can't find them, yet, I've deleted my friends when they're offline and they've contacted me the next day even though I haven't talked to them in like, months. How do I completely delete them? I don't want to be bugged by these people I've deleted tonight and don't really wanna deal with them. Thanks!
Esmee DarkBlood Lvl 36 Necromancer

Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Historian
May 15, 2009
if your being harassed by people previously on your friends list the best thing you can do is add them to ignore its better this way

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I found that if you are going to delete friends, make sure they are "online" when you delete them. If not, you still appear on their list, and they can talk to you. After a while (not sure how long), the friends you deleted while they were offline will drop off completely.

Delver
May 29, 2009
I have the same problem...sort of. I was in the labyrinth and someone ported in while me and two other friends were there. He was not on any of our friends list so we had no idea where he came from. He did not have text or open chat so we couldn't really talk to him. How do you put someone on a "do not port list" without penalizing others? Especially when that person is not on your friends list.

Defender
Feb 09, 2009
SorceressMiklai wrote:
I have the same problem...sort of. I was in the labyrinth and someone ported in while me and two other friends were there. He was not on any of our friends list so we had no idea where he came from. He did not have text or open chat so we couldn't really talk to him. How do you put someone on a "do not port list" without penalizing others? Especially when that person is not on your friends list.

click on them or their name and add them to the ignore list

Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
Just wondering, since ya'll have said just to ignore, is there a way they KNOW you ignore them? Like I used to play a pirates game, and if I talked to someone who was ignoring me, a message would pop up saying so and so is ignoring you. Would that be the case here? Or would it be like they just keep sending messages and you would never get them?

Squire
Dec 21, 2008
Defender
Aug 12, 2009
Survivor
Oct 26, 2009
So, I logged on, and this person who I have been trying to delete talked to me, I tried to ignore but it wouldn't let me. Do I still have to be friends with them or see them to ignore?

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
Supernatural1996 wrote:
So, I logged on, and this person who I have been trying to delete talked to me, I tried to ignore but it wouldn't let me. Do I still have to be friends with them or see them to ignore?

What happened when you clicked on ignore? You should be able to ignore anybody you see talking - hit enter as if you were going to text, click the name with your mouse, and you should get their character lookup. Ignore should never be blacked out.

@Rihanna12 - not deleting somebody from your friends list who is being intrusive or disruptive is not what I would call 'being nice". I would actually call it 'being a doormat'.

If someone on a player's friend list cannot respect their wishes or space, they should not be made to feel guilty about removing that individual from their list. (Emotional manipulation is never nice.)

ps - yes, I am aware I am using emotional manipulation in this argument, but then, I never said I was nice, did I?