Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

death is to weak

AuthorMessage
Defender
Apr 07, 2012
136
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
1077
If what you want is strong hits, and nothing else, here are a few things you need to be aware of:
  • You need Death gear that boosts your Death damage. Don't just settle for any old gear. At your level, you could pick up the Level 60 Waterworks gear: Hangman's Hood, Hangman's Cape, and Hangman's Boots. And whatever pieces you use, make sure every piece of your gear adds Death damage, or you will only do the damage the card says (which is not enough).

  • Make sure you have trained Sun spells from Celestia, like Monstrous and Gargantuan. Put these cards in your deck and add them to your hits.

  • Train a Death school pet that adds damage.

But strong hits aren't everything. A lot of people don't even use Death to hit, they place lots of Plague and Virulent Plague on the enemy. Other schools can't do that very well.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
4115
The game is more than just pvp. I'd suggest death try to learn Deer Knight if they want a better attack all spell for pvp. Death can do very well in pvp when played correctly. They aren't going to replace a school because you don't like it. If you don't like to be paired with death teammates, decline the match and wait for another.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
4933
coolguy2170 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something
This belongs in PvP; this is hardly a glitch.

Explorer
Nov 11, 2012
88
What? Death is not weak at all...Death is all about planning and how you use your spells...I'm not into pvp like that but i have done a few pvp matches at friends castles and won them because i know how to plan my moves,and had nice gear. Ice only wins against death if you have no good ice resist cause ice boost against death...so plan better death is no way near weak. If ya cant handle ice wiz in pvp then how are you going to handle ice bosses?

Survivor
Mar 17, 2011
10
First, PVP is not something to use to complain.
I am a lvl 75 death and have been playing for YEARS.
The only thing I can back you up on is the level we get our first hit all spell.
In ALL honestly, death is probably one of the best schools. But you have to realize something:

EVERY school has their downsides and upsides.
For example:
Fire- fizzling a lot/good hits and hit alls
Storm- fizzle and low health/ HIGH damage
Ice- low hit damage, lvl 30 to get first blade/ good for pvp
Life- mostly heals/ perfect support
Myth- seriously only good for pvp (mostly)/ amazing at pvp and their hits are good.
Death- getting hit all at low level/ bountiful in traps, blades, etc. and hit and heals are amazing.
Balance- more support than hits/ can heal, judgement, always bladed and supported by ones own self.

Before you start criticizing my opinion.
Please understand that this is pretty accurate.
You can really ask anyone.

TRG- 75 death
NSR- 40 Fire
TMC- 11 Ice
EC- 20 life

Explorer
Jan 27, 2011
97
I can see why your upset but if you're looking for a PvP school (which it sounds like you are) then you will want to stick with Storm, Fire, Ice, and Balance. Death is what I call a self-preservative school, meaning it's centered around the drain spells and was designed to keep the player alive while allowing them to simultaneously deal damage. Death, Life, and Myth are survival schools: they're more about keeping themselves and others alive.

Now as for Death being weak I strongly disagree. I personally have maxed out my damage with a Wraith alone at 6,000 damage with ease. Like everyone else here said, it's all about gear and how you build up your spells. Like in my case I always have Deathblade, Spirit Blades (you can get these from the Balance tree in Krok), Feint, Curse, Deathtrap, and Spirit Traps on my target first when I am going for a big kill. Death just requires a LOT more traps and blades in order to deal more damage (as well as a little bit of patience). In my opinion my favorite character is my Death one because the abillity to damage my opponent while being healed at the same time comes in handy a lot.

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
136
RavenLady777 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
This belongs in PvP; this is hardly a glitch.
Stop telling me this is pvp

Defender
Apr 07, 2012
136
Survivor
Mar 14, 2012
8
Death isn't to weak man I agree with Lucas you need good gearawesome

Survivor
Aug 28, 2011
35
Death is good at providing a constant, yet weak damage force while eating health. Death also has 2 dots, one aoe, so that solves ice's shields. Death also has quite a bit of health, more than Fire or (maybe) Myth. Learn your school's weaknesses and advantages before playing, and you will be better.

PROTIP: In PVP, be unpredictable

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
99
1. Blame yourself for those losses, not the school
2. You can't say a school is weak just because of PvP
3. Each school has it's own strengths and difficulties; LEARN THEM!
4. Death is one of the best schools for PvE
5. Don't come on the message boards to rant!


Mastermind
Dec 17, 2010
357
coolguy2170 on Dec 13, 2013 wrote:
Stop telling me this is pvp
This does belong in PvP. It's not a glitch at all that Death is "to weak". I find their spells very strong, just use blades and such. The best part of Death Magic is that we can steal health from enemies and give it to ourselves. That, in my opinion, is better than Life Heals. Stop saying this is not PvP, because it is. This post has nothing to do with glitches. Like many other's have said, the game is not just PvP.

-Nick

Explorer
Sep 11, 2012
50
coolguy2170 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something
Death is to weak what? At no point in your rambling incoherent response, did you provide any rational thought.

Explorer
Aug 15, 2012
77
I disagree on death being weak, you see death is all about building up for the hit to heal your self and destroy the opponent . not to mention its the only type of spells that go through the Spirit shield, and Ice, frozen armor shields with ease . Like Nightblood1995 said (wrote/typed) its just needs to build for the damage. life and death doesn't get a multi spells till way later on but that a disadvantage, but you have so many advantages, every hit pretty much heals you. Just need a little patience. Just keep blading, just keep blading, just keep trapping, just keep trapping...... use a small ghoul, 10,000 damage you are fullied healed and your enemies soul is now gone, congratz

Defender
Jan 03, 2013
146
coolguy2170 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something
Can you say rage?
Death is actually rather useful, I have helped others achieve warlord on their deaths. I compare death to fire because it is quite powerful for multi hitting attacks and also it is the only of two classes the can survive with solo playing, the other life. Death have Draining abilities which help keep you alive. Also note pvp isn't everything, when you lose its not like Kingsisle will take your phone away. You just try harder and achieve to greater heights.

Kane Deathbringer Level 95
Kane Thunderbringer Level 52

Explorer
Sep 02, 2012
92
I disagree. Death is one of the most useful schools. The fact that you can cause damage, and get health at the same time, is pretty amazing. You shouldn't delete your wizard either. You got so far, and just because you don't win a lot, but lose more, you're deleting your wizard? That isn't the answer. Just try harder. Use powerful treasure cards and other powerful spells, and I assure you that will help a lot. Just don't give up.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2013
26
coolguy2170 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something
Is the object of the game to be the strongest or to win?

It's all about strategy. I quest with another Death Wizard. Her strategy is to attack fast - use traps, blades and Dr. Von Monster or Scarecrow as fast as she can. She dies more frequently than I do. My strategy based on how I trained is defense first - shields and healing until I am comfortable against enemy attacks and then I attack. I die more times when I quest with someone than I do when I am alone.

Now if we are talking about pvp, I can't comment on it. I have only been in 3 of them. The first two, I did not use my strategy and lost. The last one I did and won.

Each school has their advantages/disadvantages. You just have to find that balance in that school.

Survivor
May 05, 2009
41
coolguy2170 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something
Okay, I'm a death level 73 and what I do is attack fast. I blade first two rounds, trap other two rounds, then while I wait for pips I shield, after that I have an enchantment on my crow or dr. von's monster then attack, and that's about six rounds, seriously. So it's rather the way you attack, or deck set up.

Defender
Jun 15, 2013
139
i can understand if you mean without the blades traps ect but if you mean death is weaak no matter what you are wrong especially when we get critical.

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
253
coolguy2170 on Dec 12, 2013 wrote:
after all the work i did on him i am deleteing him he is to weak he won 21 times lost 34 times my fire and storm won 108 and lost 66 while my death is just sitting up their i stopped at level 70 and this playing is gonna stop right now death is to weak even frost giant is stronger than scarecrow if i put a ice up to death a death would lose death loses to any school can you replace death because when i pvp i get death on my team and lose
cause death dose not know how to play i think fire would be great just replace death with a school called vengance or something
It all depends on how you use it.

Adherent
Feb 07, 2011
2923
Just because you don't know how to play a school properly doesn't make it weak.

Au contraire, Death is one of the most powerful schools (and one of my favorites), if you know what you're doing. We have the ability to hit people and heal ourselves at the same time, so I don't bother with any spell that doesn't heal me.

My typical deck: 2 deathblade, 2 sharpened blade, 2 spirit blade, 1 virulence, 1 colossal, 1 scarecrow, 1 reshuffle. I also have pet/amulet blades, and I always put one colossal Dr. Von for boss fights. Unless a cheat requires something else, my go-to never fails.

I really hope you don't give up on death. It's pretty awesome sauce.

-von/Valerian
90 death