Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical Block?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2013
What happened to my critical block?

Ever since the last server update I have not blocked hardly any critical attacks at all. This is a huge problem seeing as I am a level 96 and almost all attacks are critically rated. I am getting hammered out there. I cant fight without a life henchman to save me. My critical block is over 100 naturally. That should be more than sufficient to stop it but its been an issue about 75 percent of the time.
I know I am not the only player with this problem right now either. A few of my friends are what you would call "tanks" and are having a hard time blocking as well.
Whats going on here? And how many other players are experiencing this same problem.

Kelly FireDreamer
Death 96

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
lalabugu on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:

Ever since the last server update I have not blocked hardly any critical attacks at all. This is a huge problem seeing as I am a level 96 and almost all attacks are critically rated. I am getting hammered out there. I cant fight without a life henchman to save me. My critical block is over 100 naturally. That should be more than sufficient to stop it but its been an issue about 75 percent of the time.
I know I am not the only player with this problem right now either. A few of my friends are what you would call "tanks" and are having a hard time blocking as well.
Whats going on here? And how many other players are experiencing this same problem.

Kelly FireDreamer
Death 96
Glad to hear it's not just us having the problem.

Between not blocking and fizzling a lot on any wizard school, up to 4 times in one battle, we are turning into sitting ducks. To bad we can't stack conviction and infallible, looks like we are going to need them.

Mary

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Basically: the higher your critical hit, and block are, the higher the chance you will do either double damage, or block an attack.

In my opinion, having a critical block number around 100 is good for Celestia and Zafaria, but I feel a wizard's critical block should be higher as they progress on into the end-game content.

As an example my wizard has over 200 critical block and affected by critical hits more often than I like during some duels.

I have made an adjustment in my dueling by placing appropriate shields during some duels to counter critical hit damage. Although this does prolong a duel, as long as I win, the extra time usually doesn't matter to me.

Best of luck to you in your future duels.

Gabriel

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
lalabugu on Aug 25, 2014 wrote:

Kelly FireDreamer
Death 96
Critical block rating isn't a percentage. A block rating of 100 is less than 25% chance of blocking. Rating to Percent chance is basically divide rating by 4.44.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
100 isn't anywhere near enough block for higher worlds. You want 200 or more, and ideally from just a couple items, not spread out. Boots and wand are usually a good place to start.

Survivor
Apr 28, 2013
My level 100 wizard has crafted rings for each school, so I change them out before each battle. It increases my critical block to the 200-240 range. Even with this, the Boss critical hits sometimes still get through. I got the ring recipes in Khrysalis.