Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

crafted Gear Vault not working

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 05, 2010
I crafted 9 Gear Vaults today and none of them are working (no X to click) so I can't store my gear. Plz help. Thx

Administrator
Hello,

Place the Gear Vault in your house and click the “Open Gear Vault” icon while in the “Place Object” screen. This works similar to music players, aquariums and the Seed Vault. From there you can move items between the vault and your Backpack.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 16, 2014
Also the Gear Vault limit per house is only 1, I believe.

Administrator
Pyle1197 on Apr 6, 2016 wrote:
Also the Gear Vault limit per house is only 1, I believe.
Like the Seed Vault, you can have one Indoors and one Outdoors in each house.

community@wizard101.com
Defender
Jul 16, 2014
I noticed another problem with the gear vault you might want to look into. Its seems that items locked in your back pack still show on the menu as being able to be placed in the vault. This makes it kind of hard to add extra gear to the vault without getting it mixed up with your locked items. (i.e. I don't think locked items should show when adding stuff). Might want to check it out. Feel free to give crowns to me or the mini mammoth mount if it was a helpful suggestion .

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
Hello I was putting Gear into my crafted gear vault when something happened, and error popped up and sent me to desktop. I checked my computer and it was not on my end. I logged back in and everything is fine, but all my gear that is in the gear vault looks like the stock gear from when you first start playing the game. I put a piece of gear on and it looks right but when I pull up my inventory it looks stock. Is this a bug, and can it be fixed. Yes I rebooted my computer and that did not fix it.

Survivor
Oct 22, 2014
IMO the vault should give the same warning (moving ____ will also remove the following equipment set, are you sure you want to move this item) as it does when moving gear to your bank. I also found that when i removed the gear from the vault, the image was that of low level stock gear. Once you put on the gear the image is correct in the game but the equipment set remains with the wrong gear image.

Thanks Autumn SunThief

Survivor
Feb 23, 2010
AJSG1 on Apr 7, 2016 wrote:
Hello I was putting Gear into my crafted gear vault when something happened, and error popped up and sent me to desktop. I checked my computer and it was not on my end. I logged back in and everything is fine, but all my gear that is in the gear vault looks like the stock gear from when you first start playing the game. I put a piece of gear on and it looks right but when I pull up my inventory it looks stock. Is this a bug, and can it be fixed. Yes I rebooted my computer and that did not fix it.
Sorry this was bugging me so much that I fixed the problem. I threw away the gear vault, and all the crown gear that was infected by it. I guess you could say I did some spring cleaning. The only stuff I will miss on that gear will be the level 70,80,90, and 100 tank gear. The green gear from the keepers lore pack. On the other hand this is still the best game out of all my games when it comes to quality. This is the first major problem ever in the 7 years playing this game. Keep up the good work but get that vault fixed.

Explorer
Mar 31, 2013
I had placed clothing items in my Gear Vault and when I transferred the Darkwraith Shroud of Penance back to my backpack the appearance changed in my backpack view. It now looks like the Bonesmasher robe. When I actually put it on it was fine but the backpack view continues to be wrong.

Thanks!