Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Crab Alley Nightmare?

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jun 30, 2009
This would be funny if it wasn't so sad and I wasn't fuming.

During the main quest of restoring the king, I kid you not, but I spent 12 hours backing out and re-entering so that I could proceed with the quest.

In addition to Crab Alley, the port of Wintertusk has some severe issues. It is one thing to solo, but having two or more wizards battle the Ravens slows the game down to the point that wizard's might be lucky to have one round of play between three out-of-control spins.

Look, I am sorry for all this, but compared to Test, this game is severely lacking in fun, since most of the time the enemies are missing, and the wizard discovers the mistake as you watch the character speed back to a battle and wondering where the Ravens came from.

KI, I love the game, but if I am spending 12 hours trying to get through a section that should take an hour minimum, something is wrong somewhere. And I realized why phone numbers aren't attached.

I was wanting Wintertusk added as much as the next wizard, but with all the trouble I have been experiencing, it becomes clearer that KI should have waited in the release.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice is constantly stuck in battles irritated that I can't progress because I am froze in battles I can't fight or cast spells that take four times minimum before attacking the enemies.

Historian
May 01, 2010
Oxnhorse wrote:
This would be funny if it wasn't so sad and I wasn't fuming.

During the main quest of restoring the king, I kid you not, but I spent 12 hours backing out and re-entering so that I could proceed with the quest.

In addition to Crab Alley, the port of Wintertusk has some severe issues. It is one thing to solo, but having two or more wizards battle the Ravens slows the game down to the point that wizard's might be lucky to have one round of play between three out-of-control spins.

Look, I am sorry for all this, but compared to Test, this game is severely lacking in fun, since most of the time the enemies are missing, and the wizard discovers the mistake as you watch the character speed back to a battle and wondering where the Ravens came from.

KI, I love the game, but if I am spending 12 hours trying to get through a section that should take an hour minimum, something is wrong somewhere. And I realized why phone numbers aren't attached.

I was wanting Wintertusk added as much as the next wizard, but with all the trouble I have been experiencing, it becomes clearer that KI should have waited in the release.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice is constantly stuck in battles irritated that I can't progress because I am froze in battles I can't fight or cast spells that take four times minimum before attacking the enemies.

i am just wondering, did you think of putting wt/crab alley aside until all of the bugs are fixed? if you arent enjoying it, then why make yourself suffer? :? :?

Champion
Jun 30, 2009

i am just wondering, did you think of putting wt/crab alley aside until all of the bugs are fixed? if you arent enjoying it, then why make yourself suffer? :? :?

It is one thing that some areas weren't ready to enter, but I have a curiosity with wanting to experience the newer parts, since I had completed all the quests before Wintertusk was added.

I also play that long because sometimes I am able to locate specific items that others are looking for, like the Trogg in Hrundle is on the mountain overlooking Baldur Goldpaws.

Timothy Pearlflower, Legendary Ice

Survivor
Jun 19, 2010

I have noticed a number of peculiarities since WT/CA have been introduced. The least annoying is my inability to see one of our pets, who is invisible except for the name but visible to everyone else. Then, I have some wands that used to be visible but now are not.

But what is the most annoying about both worlds is getting into some areas where all you see are bright lights with no discernible images. Moving and fighting blind is difficult at best and not at all enjoyable.

I plan to remain out of both worlds until all the problems are fixed.

Kiera Shadowrider
Legendary Life Wizard