Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Coverting From Death to Life and So on.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 15, 2009
I only have one comment. I am a Death/Balance Wizard and i think if you are able to use multiple traps like spirit trap and elemental trap and spirit blade and elemental blade If you use the card convert life to death it should use both life traps and death traps once converted.

Survivor
May 10, 2009
Miasmax wrote:
I only have one comment. I am a Death/Balance Wizard and i think if you are able to use multiple traps like spirit trap and elemental trap and spirit blade and elemental blade If you use the card convert life to death it should use both life traps and death traps once converted.

You can do half of what you ask. You can make the traps do that, but not your blades. How the game works is it uses buffs/debuffs in reverse order of how you cast them.. so to do what you ask with the traps you would cast them like this

If you are death you would cast

Your blades on yourself
your spirit trap (1) on the mob
Then your prism type convert from death to life
Then you would cast another spirit trap (2)
Then feint and your single death trap etc..

Once you have all your buffs up on you and the boss let a attack fly

It will use the feint,single traps and the one spirit trap(2) as death
Then it will use the prism from death to life.
Last it will use the life part of the last spirit trap (1)

This only works on traps though and you can't do it with your blades.. so its alot of work for a measly 25% damage

Survivor
Jun 10, 2009
There is an order that the attack has to follow. It starts with the blades last card played and works its way to the first card played., then it moves over to the shields (which is where your Death Prism is).
Depending on where in your mix of shield attacks you placed your Death Prism will affect how the rest of the shields will play.
i.e. If you play your Death Prism then a Death Trap you will get a stronger hit than you would if you played the Death Trap first. The reason is that after your spell is converted to Life the Death Trap no longer applies because it is Death.
Just remember that the last card played is the first one that effects your spell and the first card play is the last effect. This happens twice, once for blades, then again for shields.
What you're asking can be done. It just all comes down to getting the order right. Practice different combos on unicorn way and you'll find the order that works best for your cards.

A+ Student
Jan 05, 2009
Miasmax wrote:

If you place spirit trap, convert death to life, and spirit trap again, you will get a boost to your death spell, then convert, then boosts the converted vis the life trap. The thing to remember is that the 'boosters' are used in the order emplaced.