Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Conviction Spell

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
I am a low level commander who enjoys fighting higher level wizards. I usually set matches from 30 - 65, seems that is the only way some of us can get a decent challenge. Because I am under level 50, I rely on conviction to critical block, it does a decent job, and I don't expect it to block someone with a 200+ critical rating, but it never blocks the dot. If I block, lets say snow angel, I should be able to block the damage over time as well. The initial blow is not the one that hurts the most it's the damage over time that does most of the damage. So what is the point of conviction?

Can we look at this spell some more and make some improvements on it. I hate being the one, that my higher level friends have to bail out of trouble. When conviction says 90 block and people with 75 block are blocking the damage over time, just doesn't make sense.

Luke Sky Walker Level 48

Survivor
Jan 11, 2009
Duncan HawkWraith on Jan 15, 2014 wrote:
I am a low level commander who enjoys fighting higher level wizards. I usually set matches from 30 - 65, seems that is the only way some of us can get a decent challenge. Because I am under level 50, I rely on conviction to critical block, it does a decent job, and I don't expect it to block someone with a 200+ critical rating, but it never blocks the dot. If I block, lets say snow angel, I should be able to block the damage over time as well. The initial blow is not the one that hurts the most it's the damage over time that does most of the damage. So what is the point of conviction?

Can we look at this spell some more and make some improvements on it. I hate being the one, that my higher level friends have to bail out of trouble. When conviction says 90 block and people with 75 block are blocking the damage over time, just doesn't make sense.

Luke Sky Walker Level 48
I honestly agree with you. I have a level 40 ice low level overlord who has conviction. I have been fighting a lot of high levels lately with some nasty critical, with my no block, even with conviction it is hard to block. So I say that conviction should give like 115 block and 95 stun resist as a base one and tc with 120 block and 100 stun resist.

Aaron WildWraith lvl 95

Jeremy FrostSword lvl 40 pvp overlord.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Just as Vengeance (learned) gives 25% chance of activating a critical, Conviction (learned) gives a 25% chance of blocking. That's roughly what +90 critical rating means. I wouldn't mind having a new star spell to deal with the advent of "perma-criticality," but we just don't have that yet.

In the meantime, you have other options. Have you looked into training a critical blocking pet? There are multiple block talents that could assist you. And if DoT effects are plaguing you, you might also make a habit of using more weakness cards (tc and learned) and carry more triage cards.