Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constantly Being Asked For Help? Click Here.

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
This is for those of you who used to have constant annoyance troubles like I did.

For some reason my "friends" used to turn to me for help SO much I couldn't even enjoy playing. It seemed the second I was logged in I was completely BOMBARDED by my friends asking for help. I wanted to tell them in a polite way,"Please stop asking me for help so much,___, you've got to understand I have quests to complete too, and I can't help you all the time." But I have trouble hurting people's feelings even in the smallest way, so I just couldn't do it.

Finally I decided I would simply restart my friends list, and only keep my closest friends who don't BOMBARD me for help all the time, and actually take time to talk to me and become REAL friends. I have a new rule now, too: I no longer accept random friend invites anymore and only keep other players as my friends if they talk to me and not just add me because I "Look Cool" or because I fought ONE battle with them.

In the end I'm so glad I chose to do this because I can spend more time with my circle of close friends and not random people I barely know asking for help. :D

Hope this helps! If you haven't done this already you really should I promise you'll be happier!

Molly
Adept Sorcerer

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
If more people chose their friends wisely,we wouldn't have some of the problems that plague us now.

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
I did something very similar. If I start a new character now, the first thing I do is turn friending _off_.

I find this cuts down on the pestering, and makes somebody actually show they can take care of themselves before friending occurs.

I also grant, though, that I have absolutely no problems telling a fellow player that I am not their sidekick.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
I agree. Choose your friends wisely. I had to learn the hard way too, that I cannot accept just anyone who wants to "friend" me. If I have played some duels with them, or talked with them, then I'll consider adding someone to my friends list. Makes things much easier now...

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Pyrsik wrote:
If more people chose their friends wisely,we wouldn't have some of the problems that plague us now.

Agreed. It's not about how MANY friends you have, but how GOOD your friends are.

Explorer
Nov 26, 2008
Talance3 wrote:

....I also grant, though, that I have absolutely no problems telling a fellow player that I am not their sidekick.

Lol, I admire you. Whenever somebody asks me to help them, I have to because something about me won't let me say no. So I was pretty much in a cage.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
WaterGirl101 wrote:
This is for those of you who used to have constant annoyance troubles like I did.

For some reason my "friends" used to turn to me for help SO much I couldn't even enjoy playing. It seemed the second I was logged in I was completely BOMBARDED by my friends asking for help. I wanted to tell them in a polite way,"Please stop asking me for help so much,___, you've got to understand I have quests to complete too, and I can't help you all the time." But I have trouble hurting people's feelings even in the smallest way, so I just couldn't do it.

Finally I decided I would simply restart my friends list, and only keep my closest friends who don't BOMBARD me for help all the time, and actually take time to talk to me and become REAL friends. I have a new rule now, too: I no longer accept random friend invites anymore and only keep other players as my friends if they talk to me and not just add me because I "Look Cool" or because I fought ONE battle with them.

In the end I'm so glad I chose to do this because I can spend more time with my circle of close friends and not random people I barely know asking for help. :D

Hope this helps! If you haven't done this already you really should I promise you'll be happier!

Molly
Adept Sorcerer

Interesting...

I know a Molly who is level 45.

On topic: I think I might just do this.
Only my closest friends are the ones I help. And I'd like to remove several people, especially this one that Cursed me out.