Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Constant summoning but nothing is happening?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
Ok So I've been summoned by my teacher, Merle, and a few others and every time I go to them, they have nothing to say to me. This has been happening for 2 days now at least once an hour. I get 5+ messages from people summoning me for help and I go to them and there's no help needed. It's pretty irritating and keeps me from enjoying the game when I'm running around everywhere trying to see if I'm really needed.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
If you reinstall the game on your computer, or start playing the game on another computer you get all those summoning messages again.

Sometimes after game updates you get a couple extra summons too, but nothing like you are describing. Also there are certain points in the game where you get an unexplained summons, but not very often.

Defender
Jul 21, 2010
PaulaRickele on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Ok So I've been summoned by my teacher, Merle, and a few others and every time I go to them, they have nothing to say to me. This has been happening for 2 days now at least once an hour. I get 5+ messages from people summoning me for help and I go to them and there's no help needed. It's pretty irritating and keeps me from enjoying the game when I'm running around everywhere trying to see if I'm really needed.
That happens to me a lot. What level are you? Usually they will only summon you when you level up, complete a world, or they have a quest for you such as come to the windmill to fight the Kraken. If you already fought him you can ignore it. You can also ignore the gardening one if you know how to garden. They get kind of annoying sometimes but, just figure out which ones are real and which ones aren't.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
If you have recently re-installed the game or switched computers, this will happen until all previous notifications have been gone through.

If this is not the case, I would suggest contacting support.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
PaulaRickele on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Merle is not your teacher, he is the headmaster. There is a glitch where he will call you, and it sounds like this is it. I haven't experienced it myself at all. Your actual teacher, whatever school you've trained, will only call for new spells. Again, you don't state your level either. If it continues, report it to support, but if they tell you to reinstall the game, write back and tell them NO. Make them do their job.

Survivor
Jan 07, 2011
RavenLady777 on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
Merle is not your teacher, he is the headmaster. There is a glitch where he will call you, and it sounds like this is it. I haven't experienced it myself at all. Your actual teacher, whatever school you've trained, will only call for new spells. Again, you don't state your level either. If it continues, report it to support, but if they tell you to reinstall the game, write back and tell them NO. Make them do their job.
I meant Merle and my teachers. Plus other teachers..

Rainbow0839- I'm level 74. (something like that).

I have re-installed the game. Must be the reason cause that was getting annoying. I still get them just not tons in a row. I was also getting them after every quest I finished whether I leveled up or not. Nice to know it's just the re-installation that's causing this.

Thanks for the responses.