Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Connecting to Server...

AuthorMessage
Administrator
If you see this message, young Wizard, it means that there are so many players trying to get into the game at the same time, that there's a bit of a lineup.

We are working to make those lineups go faster, but please be patient and try again if you fail to connect.

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Oct 17, 2009
Thank you for the update, Professor Greyrose.

I was on a quest in Dragonspyre when I suddenly lost my rhelm. I havent' been able to get back into the game for about 45 minutes now. It's aggravating because my husband is playing fine behind me on his computer. I love exploring so please have your fellow professors look into fixing this problem as soon as possible. Thank you so much.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:
If you see this message, young Wizard, it means that there are so many players trying to get into the game at the same time, that there's a bit of a lineup.

We are working to make those lineups go faster, but please be patient and try again if you fail to connect.

That's really not a very comforting answer. We would prefer to have a retry button for when the connection doesn't complete. Right now, there is only a quit button.

Secondly, if there seem to be times of unusually high load, please put a timely warning on the boards.

Being shut out of the game creates bad feelings, even if we are outwardly more patient. During problem times, good timely communication is a must.

Geographer
Jul 04, 2009
It wasn't so bad that I spent 20 minutes trying to connect to that game. That was bad enough. However, what was worse is the fact that I was already playing (me and a group working towards Jotun after defeating his brothers) and got disconnected from the server.

You need to get your switches fixed so it is not disconnecting active players in order to port new players to the server.

Survivor
May 26, 2009
Thank you for the update, Professor.

Glad to know you guys are working hard to fix it! =]

Survivor
May 08, 2010
Yes a RETRY button would be nice at least. Having to log in and verify files over and over is a real annoyance.

Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
ProfessorGreyrose wrote:

I would like to add that if the load is unusually bad, or there is a special situation such as servers being down or something not working, please tell us. We're actually a forgiving bunch if you communicate with us and give us more than just boilerplate on the login.

Survivor
May 07, 2010
Is this the only problem your having at this time because I'm not only not getting on I'm getting no error message, and I've been trying to get on for an hour?

Survivor
Jul 26, 2009
I was disconnected while playing, due to the Connecting to Server issue, and now the quest I was working on is bugged. It will not update, or let me go back to the previous step. It shows a blank window in the quest. Any ideas?

I am not able to delete the quest and start over, and this is a linear quest so I can't advance...

Survivor
Oct 07, 2008
I'm sorry to say but thats not the only problem, whenever i try to "farm" the new pets in krokotopia i get booted off whenever it tries to load the temple of storms, it starts to load then at the same instant says theirs an error with the internet connection, when i checked it was fine after that i havent been able to log in whenever it tries to load the temple before i even log in, could you please research it? because i cannot find a solution, i've tried downloading it again but the same thing happens all the time :(

Survivor
Jan 18, 2009
halfman01 wrote:
I was disconnected while playing, due to the Connecting to Server issue, and now the quest I was working on is bugged. It will not update, or let me go back to the previous step. It shows a blank window in the quest. Any ideas?

I am not able to delete the quest and start over, and this is a linear quest so I can't advance...

I have the same problem too and now i cant past mooshu

lvl37 balace wizard

Survivor
Mar 13, 2010
Anyone know if this has gotten any better? I'm afraid to connect if I'm going to have to re-play the same stuff over again, especially with other people saying their quests are getting bugged.

Edit: Got my answer in an e-mail response to a bug report I had submitted. :) Thanks!

Survivor
Jan 28, 2009
Thank you greyrose it took me a long time for the big wizard101 sign to connect and then my character i hope you get this fixed

Power is strong but so is wisdom
Benjamin Ice Shard level 50

Survivor
Sep 16, 2008
Is this going to change anytime soon? Will you be adding more servers? Because it is a bit much when you can't play a game you are paying for.

Survivor
Dec 11, 2008
Preacher7719 wrote:
It wasn't so bad that I spent 20 minutes trying to connect to that game. That was bad enough. However, what was worse is the fact that I was already playing (me and a group working towards Jotun after defeating his brothers) and got disconnected from the server.

You need to get your switches fixed so it is not disconnecting active players in order to port new players to the server.

The same thing happened to me! My friend and I were doing Shirataki Temple and we were about to fight the Plague Oni and it disconnects me! The same thing happened when I was almost done with Frostholm! Please help us Prof. Greyrose!

Survivor
Jun 19, 2009
mandalinn wrote:
Is this going to change anytime soon? Will you be adding more servers? Because it is a bit much when you can't play a game you are paying for.

I agree. I am getting very tired of getting booted, then being unable to reconnect. I too, am paying for a game that is becoming difficult for me to even play. I am actually considering NOT renewing my subscription because of this problem. Ten million players? Maybe I could be happy about it if I were able to play.

P.S. Getting booted when you're in a dungeon and being unable to log back in in time is really lousy.

Survivor
Dec 24, 2009
Last night i could not even access wizard101.com let alone get on the game, yet every other web site i could access just fine. 2 of my 4 computers could get online and play but it was buggy and we were getting disconnects and messages of "That area is closed". From a person paying for 4 family members i would say this is unacceptable. Is there any updates on your server situation.

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
I can't get into the game at all today. It stays at "Please Wait...Verifying Character" then "Please wait. Wizard101 is very busy right now".

It's been that way all day since I've been trying to log on for the past 4 hours. Help?

Survivor
Jun 01, 2010
Well make that 2 days I haven't been able to log into my level 27 wizard. oh how I love paying for a game I can't play....sheesh.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
amorain wrote:
Well make that 2 days I haven't been able to log into my level 27 wizard. oh how I love paying for a game I can't play....sheesh.

I agree, its been about a month since I have been able to get back onto the game from my home computer and KI hasnt been responding to my messages. :(

Survivor
Mar 22, 2009
I have found that because there are so many people on that I start lagging and then sometimes it ends up losing connection while I am in game. Oh well that is just the way it goes.

Survivor
Jun 21, 2010
ramius242 wrote:
Yes a RETRY button would be nice at least. Having to log in and verify files over and over is a real annoyance.

Have to agree with this. Double click on icon before you even get to login, wait to load, then click to play, click to continue, wait to load again, oh yeah, click here to play...didn't we already click play once?...now load and verify. All due to connection loss on games end! Oh, man, that's right, was right in the middle of a quest battle, so now I am dead and have to start over! To bad was doing it on my own.......... yes, a retry from where you left off would rock, especially when not our fault!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
It is very upsetting when I am wanting to change wizards, that I get kicked out of the game. I have other wizards of death, fire, storm, myth and life that I am switching between.

Timothy Pearlflower, Level 50 Ice Wizard

Survivor
Jun 13, 2010
Been trying to connect to server for ages .. Cant .. So Since I pay to play on a timely manner .. How much am I going to be credited since you guys can't get the servers to work properly? .. I don't like having to pay for a service and not be able to use it.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2009
I personally am beginning to think that Wizard101 needs more servers, as for us crown users who also pay for five or more yearly subscriptions it makes it really annoying to run up against problems logging. We pay tons of money on games cards, subscriptions, credit cards all for what not being able to log into a good game?