Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Computer taking time to load between worlds

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
Any idea why my computer has recently started to take a lot of time to load switching from one area to another? It has started to become difficult to join a battle during the first turn or to have any time remaining to play a card upon joining. Sometimes I can instantly change realms and the like quickly, while most of the time now it takes a really long time. It is like I have a six second lag time in the game. It never used to be like this, was fine up to a few days ago then it became really bad. My system scans clear of viruses and the like and I have defragged and ran processing speed tests and all seems to be fine and in order. Why am I have loading time delays that simply wasn't there before a few days ago, I've downloaded nothing new added no new programs or anything that could justify this.

Hero
May 27, 2009
Do you have a huge number of treasure cards? Sometimes people say that having too many treasure cards will cause this type of lag.

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
ya, I have a lot of treasure cards and I guess the increased lag time did occur some time after I made up quite a lot of them so this could be the problem

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
I have also noticed that my lag time is going down a bit, then again the number of treasure cards I'm holding have also going down a bit.

Mastermind
Jun 07, 2010
I dunno all the money KI is making off us you think, something like treasure cards will not slow the load process down. Seem like KI's host is a little out dated, how about more updated realms. Where treasure will not slow the load process down.

Survivor
Dec 10, 2009
I"m having the same problem. Also just started in the last couple of days.
Have done all the usual fixes... cleared cache, ran defrag, dumped treasure cards, etc. I even tried uninstall and reinstalling the whole program. I do have an older computer. Have the system requirements increased with the new additions? Anyone have any thoughts?

Astrologist
Aug 21, 2009
today I've switching between areas much faster again, so I doubt it has a thing to do with my computer which constantly checks out as perfect... it is either the game or my internet provider or has to do with treasure card storage and the like