Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Complaint: The new Knight's Table housing item is way too expensive.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
The new Knight's Table housing item, added to the Crowns Shop yesterday as I'm typing this, is unreasonable expensive. If you look at its pricing, it pays off at 4,950 Crowns, an unreasonably hefty price for a single piece of furniture.

Yes, I know it's an interactive housing item, but that doesn't justify its price. Almost 5,000 Crowns is far more hefty than the majority of players are willing to pay, especially for a single piece of furniture. That fact that the Knight's Table's price is as high as it is clearly indicates that it is aimed at the few rather than the majority of players, a fact that any independent and critical analyst would agree signals the onset of a worrying trend.

Shortly and simply, the Knight's Table's pricing is flawed, too expensive to be attained by most players that might otherwise purchase it. I understand the importance of earning a profit, but I am afraid that that doesn't justify this style of marketing. The Knight's Table must have its price reduced, likely halved, in order to be considered reasonably priced to the majority of players.

Finally, it is my sincerest hope that this item is not indicative of the pricing of future Wizard101 products. A number of people simply wouldn't be able to afford a more pricey lineup of items. It is my opinion that, in order to be able to continue and be viewed in a positive light, Wizard101 needs to appeal to those with a lighter budget as well as a larger one.

A+ Student
Mar 31, 2009
Lookit Light on Mar 3, 2022 wrote:
The new Knight's Table housing item, added to the Crowns Shop yesterday as I'm typing this, is unreasonable expensive. If you look at its pricing, it pays off at 4,950 Crowns, an unreasonably hefty price for a single piece of furniture.

Yes, I know it's an interactive housing item, but that doesn't justify its price. Almost 5,000 Crowns is far more hefty than the majority of players are willing to pay, especially for a single piece of furniture. That fact that the Knight's Table's price is as high as it is clearly indicates that it is aimed at the few rather than the majority of players, a fact that any independent and critical analyst would agree signals the onset of a worrying trend.

Shortly and simply, the Knight's Table's pricing is flawed, too expensive to be attained by most players that might otherwise purchase it. I understand the importance of earning a profit, but I am afraid that that doesn't justify this style of marketing. The Knight's Table must have its price reduced, likely halved, in order to be considered reasonably priced to the majority of players.

Finally, it is my sincerest hope that this item is not indicative of the pricing of future Wizard101 products. A number of people simply wouldn't be able to afford a more pricey lineup of items. It is my opinion that, in order to be able to continue and be viewed in a positive light, Wizard101 needs to appeal to those with a lighter budget as well as a larger one.
Then don't buy it.

I'll be honest, I think it looks cool, but I don't know if it's worth quite that price for me either, but then again I also don't see it as being "outlandishly expensive either."

If you start seeing more things that are that price in the future then you know that someone is buying them.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Lookit Light on Mar 3, 2022 wrote:

I agree.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
As a decorator, I'd love if all decorative items were available for gold. But as long as KI is going to sell stuff, it's better than selling even more game-breaking pay-to-win stuff.