Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Clarification of the New Sea Horse

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Due to a current bug brought in with Celestia, all pets are not showing unmanifested talents properly. Would you please clarify what the TALENT and DERBY slots of a Sea Dragon really are, as compared to what we are seeing on live. A picture would speak a thousand words.

From the Update Notes:

Pet Talent Display Issues
Pet talents were displaying incorrectly. Please note this was only a display error!

Talents that were Epic were showing up as Common. They will now show up as Epic.
Talents that were Ultra Rare were showing up as Epic. They will now show up as Ultra Rare.
Talents that were Rare were showing up as Ultra Rare. They will now show up as Rare.
Talents that were Uncommon were showing up as Rare. They will now show up as Uncommon.
Talents that were Common were showing up as Uncommon. They will now show up as Common.

This change will not affect pedigree scores (overall or actual), no pet hatching costs, or anything else. Just the display name on the pet info screen before you get the actual talent, and the number of dots.

If you want the prize, you have to build the ladder rung by rung. There are no shortcuts.
Armiger
May 10, 2010
Ok, can someone please inform me, does the Sea Horse, get the same amount of talents as other pets, meaning 4 talents and 4 derby, with just greater chances at epic, or do they get more talents?

Defender
Jun 29, 2009
Zeke, With all due respect, you have not answered my question. Please clarify what this pet's unmanifested talent slots should look like. This is not an unreasonable or spoiler question to ask under current buggy conditions.

I just purchased a Sea Dragon that we know has a certain number of Epic Slots and Ultra-Rare Slots (as found on test). My newest sea dragon showed the following unmanifested talent slots:

TALENT: 5 Epic slots, 2 Ultra-Rare slots and 3 Rare slots.
DERBY: 1 Uncommon, 1 Ultra-Rare and 8 Rare Slots.

According to your formula:

"Talents that were Epic were showing up as Common." So NO EPIC SLOTS for the Sea Dragon?

"Talents that were Ultra Rare were showing up as Epic." So 5 Ultra Rare Slots.

"Talents that were Rare were showing up as Ultra Rare." So 2 Rare Talent slots.

"Talents that were Uncommon were showing up as Rare." So 3 Uncommon Talents.

From Zeke's formula we have the new sea dragon unmanifested talents as being:

5 Ultra-Rare slots, 2 Rare slots and 3 uncommon slots.

Which we know is false. But the +/-1 formula of the earlier update from test is not working either. The graphical bug appears to have shifted a bit with an update implmented in test. Due to the time limits for testing, there was not enough time to actually test the Sea Dragon for the newer graphical bug formula to determine unmanifested talent slots.