Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chatting and Reporting System Problems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 01, 2010
Hello! Here is where to discuss our chatting and the reporting system problems. I'm sure everyone came upon a problem involving this topic, and I would like to hear it. Hopefully King Isle - Wizard101 Cooperation sees us suffering, and maybe even changes a few things.

Trust me, as an almost-grand,I've had lots of problems in Wizard101, most importantly involving chatting and the reporting system. With the PvP, which I am sure everyone might have had a problem with the winning team calling you ( you as the losing team, sometimes, just saying an example ) a soak err ( sucker :( sorry for the word but its not as bad as the other words I had to deal with ) noob, ( whatever that means o_o ) and even other harsh things.

I am not trying to be rude, not trying to disable the ability to chat freely by typing, just trying to make this a safer game. Who is with me? NO MORE BULLIES!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Defender
Jul 15, 2009
things:

1. The forums have a search function. That should give you some idea that posts of this nature might well have been done before.

2. If you look under your security settings, you will note that there is a capability to disable chat in PvP. While this is less than ideal, it is an avenue that is already open to you.

3. If the opposing team feels so small that that they feel like they have to be sore losers, that is unfortunate. I appreciate that it might be difficult to feel pity for such hollow beings. If their language is sufficiently harsh, always remember that you have the freedom to report them. Check the FAQ for acceptable items to report.

4. Sorry, but sucker, noob and other words on that caliber, while unpleasant and a sign of poor sportmanship, do not make the cut for reportable terms. While they are derogatory, they do not have the implied violence of the more egregious slurs.