Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat gone

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Now whenever I get on wizard101 my chat is not there, if I press enter and type something it will show up as a bubble but I cant see what I am typing. Please someone help me with this problem, also when I am on the live I get disconnected a LOT, but when I am on test that does not happen. Thanks.

Defender
Aug 15, 2009
Hi,
Disappearing chat happens to me sometimes too. When that happens hitting the double down key twice works.

As per disconnection issues. Yes they do happen. and it can happen for lots of reasons like ...
There are miles of lines and bunches of servers between where you are and Plano Texas. Changes in servers and line-work can disrupt a connection. Especially bandwidth intensive connections.
A bump in the electricity can be unnoticeable to you, but electronics especially your modem does sense it and sometimes have to reset itself unnoticeable and resuming connections with modem to server doesn't happen.
sometimes an idle out between the modem and local server needs to receive a MAC address and disrupt a continuous packet causing to reset
The bottom line is that connectivity problems seems to be automatically KI's fault and that is usually far from their or their servers control.
Though you can tell when its them cause things slow down a lot and then they announce maintenance which speeds things up again. But then everyone should reboot their cpus once in awhile to dump and reset cashes and other stuff that happens when you run computers.
IMHO, given the distance and number of connections that is sustained its amazing how a high bandwidth game runs as smooth as it actually does.

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
I understand the disconection but my chat box really does not show up at all, I try pressing enter but it still does not show up. Sadly if this keeps up I think I am going to cancel my subscription.

Defender
Mar 09, 2009
The 'o' key toggles the chat window. This happened to me a couple of times, but noticed a thin bar with an arrow in the middle of it, click on the arrow and you will have your chat box re-enabled.
Also, I've noticed that changing resolutions while playing (which I do quite often, depending on how many characters I'm playing at the moment) can wreak havoc on the chat window.
Hope this helps!

Rogan Firehammer

Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Survivor
Jul 23, 2009
Sorry to double post but a realized something right after I did, when I pressed "o" the bottom right corner next to the book that double square symbol in the bottom right corner if the chat box showed up, though it just made a sound when I clicked it. It disappears when I press "o" and re-appears when I press it again.