Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Chat balloons disappear

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
I don't know if I am accidentally hitting a key but sometimes the chat balloons that pop up over my head while using open chat disappear. I can still use text chat and can "whisper" to friends, but nothing comes on the screen over my head. I have to leave the game and re-enter for it to work. This is frustrating, especially when working in a group or with players without open chat.
Is is a keystroke? Thanks

Defender
Feb 15, 2010
im sure that its probably not your computer but only once it happened to me... also are you sure your not in a crowded server?

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
You can turn chat bubbles on or off in the options menu. Before logging out, have you checked there to see if they are turned on? It does seem odd though because when you hide chat bubbles, you also hide the ones that appear on the side when someone whispers to you. If it does continue you can contact support, maybe they have a solution.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 50 Life

Survivor
Aug 25, 2009
thanks for your help. I think I will contact support because it keeps happening and chat balloons is turned on.