Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

~Changing your Wizard's School~

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 13, 2009
Note: If there is already a thread like this, an administrator may lock this.

Hello! :-D My name is mathguy101 (Even though you already knew that). Some background information: My character is a level 14 life wizard named Jonathan LegendBlade. My secondary school is fire, and I'm here to suggest that we can change the school we are enrolled in without having to create a new wizard!

Why would we want to implement this? I, personally, was not always a life wizard. Before I got a membership, I used to be a balance wizard. I scrapped that wizard because I decided I wanted to be a storm wizard. I scrapped that wizard to become the life wizard I have now.

Now, although it isn't significant in this case, (None of those two accounts went past level 10) If this was implemented then I would've been able to change my school without having to start all over again. This would mean if a, say, level 40 ice wizard would want to become a death wizard, he could do this without having to start all the way from level 1. Anyways... on to the specifics!

So, how would this be implemented? I suggest a wizard in The Commons (Or somewhere else if you want, but I prefer this to be an update for free players too) that can change your wizard class for 1,000 coins, once every 2 weeks. Why the coins and the wait? I suspect that an unfair advantage could exist if you could change too often. Besides, why do we even pay coins in the first place? If you feel that these limitations should be adjusted, feel free to say so.

Now, there could be quite a few problems with implementing this. You should know that whichever school you choose, you get spells from that school for free. Now, if a myth wizard only claimed spells from the myth school, and then switched to the fire school, that would mean he could get spells from the fire school for free. He could keep on switching to other schools and get all spells for free. That would be a problem, so a new rule would be established: The amount spells you got for free in the previous school would be deducted from your current Training Points total. If you had more spells that you got for free than total training points, you'd have to get rid of some of your spells from the previous school. There of course would be more problems, but I don't have time to find them all and we'll just hope KingsIsle catches them. ;)

Thank you for reading this very long suggestion from back to front, and please comment on this post. :-)

Defender
Aug 05, 2009
Great idea like i am a Storm/Death wizard and i really wanted to get scarecrow so there should be something where at level fifty you join your secondary school.Like i would join Death.

Survivor
Jul 25, 2009
I think that once you max out you primary school the you can then add a second school and if you max that one at 42 then you can add a 3rd and so on. If you stayed with it you could actually have every single spell there is but that would mean being a level 42 times 7. I think your financial contribution to the game would justify this reward.

Explorer
Mar 07, 2009
Not a bad idea! I can never decide wether i want a fire wizard or a balance wizard. I always end up creating a new one to satisfy myself, but i have a hard time playing more than one wizard.

I think the ability to change the main school of focus would benifit this and more school related issues.

amber650
P.S.While I try toregain an equal footing level wize, I hope the creators of Wizard101 make a movie. not a bad idea ethir eh?