Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cave of Solitude Wooden Key room possible bug

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 08, 2019
I just want to ask if the wooden key boss from cave of solitude, Takanobu the Masteress is bugged. I have over 100 runs in that place and haven’t gotten the spell that he drops at all. I understand it could just be down to my luck but I have seen strange things in battle against the boss and it’s minions to cause suspicion. For example when on of the minions cast a spell that casts dispels on the player it does it in a strange way by when it is cast the dispel appears and it has for example the ice school on it but the name hovering above and away from it says life dispel. Also I’m a storm and when I cast a tempest with a storm dispel already on myself it obviously will cause me to fizzle and lose my pips. But the next turn I cast tempest with mush less pips it causes the same amount of damage as if he pips were still there. I just would like someone to look into the key room to see if there are any bugs and irregularities that could be fixed and if those things could’ve affected the spell the boss is supposed to drop. Thanks

Survivor
Aug 09, 2009
I noticed other issues with this boss as well. I get 5-8 items each time, and the items are no longer school locked. I also used around 100-150 keys, and did not get the spell.

Survivor
Nov 22, 2017
I posted this in another thread about a castle magic glitch but since this one is specifically about catch being bugged I will post it here too.

Catch is definitely bugged; Even if you look beyond the weird 8-10 items dropping every run and non school items dropping, not a single person has gotten it in the past month. And, from a statistical standpoint, if we just isolate streamer Ferric's runs that were done on recording, we can definitely see that it is broken. He ran Takanobu 400 times with 4 people, and none of them got catch. This is 1600 rolls of the drop table. Even if we assume the drop rate is as low as .5% (this is pretty absurd), the odds that someone would have gotten it is around 99.7% (.995 as the rate of failure^1600X100). Now, anecdotally I can name tons of people on discord who I know that have run it 1k+ times in the past month with no drop, and with no one in their runs getting it either. this further extends the claim that it is mathematically impossible that catch of the day is not bugged. But, even if you do not believe my claims that I can name over 10 people who have run it 500+ times with no drops (which would push the odds of no catch to essentially 0%), Ferric's recorded runs are pretty irrefutable pieces of evidence that solidify that catch is bugged.

Survivor
Aug 14, 2010
Will there be any official statement about the fix?