Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Caution.........

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 24, 2012
I've been doing the quest in the Sphinx about the Soul Dust. I already collected the fang on a previous quest. First you talk to Shalek in the entrance hall and he tells you to collect the dust from the guardians in the Vault of Ice. You go into the vault and the arrow's focus automatically turns back to the fang quest that you've already done. It's very confusing because Shalek is standing there when you get in. This is my 5th time through so I was aware that I shouldn't be having to solve riddles again. I finally just left the vault, went back down the stairs and talked to Shalek, came back up, then made sure, right inside the door, NOT to talk to Shalek and to make sure my arrow was on the right quest. Some of the newbees are gonna not understand this and do the fang quest all over again. Plus, as soon as you complete the duel to collect the dust, on the screen it says ".....a puzzle appears..." that you don't have to do. Check into this and see what you think. It's kind of hard to follow.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
You will be given this type of quest in future worlds also - in MarleyBone you enter IronWorks quite a few times for different things but do not have to complete the entire dungeon for them. I think the one in Krockatopia is just a warm up for things to come. I know players who complete it every time because of the confusion when entering. It would help if the quest arrow stayed on the original quest.

Defender
May 19, 2012
How hard would it be to color code quests in quest journal according to main story line, school quests, side quests, etc? How difficult would it be to put quests in a list form instead of wasting so much space in the journal on these huge boxes for each quest, and code it so the quest tracker just stays on the quest line you are currently working on and only changes when you decide to change it in your quest journal or when you finish the quest line? While I enjoy the game immensely, I really hate the quest tracking system in this game.

The house decorating system leaves a lot to be desired as well. Why can't I center items, and why can't I put items on desks and tables without them sitting in some very strange places? Why can't I set items on ledges and benches that are built into the 'castle'? Take the Royal Estate, for example. Has these lovely benches built into the half circle alcoves, but you can't set anything on those benches. And rugs have to sit sooo far away from the doorways, they just look out of place.

Why can't I decorate the entire outdoor area of my castles? The Sultan's Palace is horrible with so much space wasted because I can't decorate on it. I can understand the mirage portion of it, but the rest of it? Just because the ground is sloped, doesn't mean I shouldn't be able to decorate on it.

I have yet to find a table I can set the Cheese Round on. Why do they include items in the game that you can't set anywhere or make it so large that you can't set it down anywhere? I can set items on the shelves of bookshelves, but they set too far forward or too far back. They should be centered between the front and back of the shelf, or let me position them myself. The same goes for tables, dressers, desks, etc.

Why can't I stack books on top of each other? I mean first of all, most of the books are lying down instead of standing up like they are on a shelf. It seems kind of weird to have all these books lying down on a book shelf, and not be able to be stacked at least. How difficult would it be to code it so items can be stacked on one another? They already have this capability, as you can set items on tables and shelves, albeit in very limited capacity. Why not expand that capability to books? Personally, I think the whole housing decoration system needs a revamp, as it is much too archaic a system and should be updated to something of a little more advanced technology, or does KI just not have anyone that techy working for them?

Defender
May 24, 2012
I agree with you sir. By level 25 I guess us wizards are supposed to know how to keep an eye on where we are and where the arrow is pointing. Thanks for the heads up for the future.