Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Castle Magic not working properly

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
It appears that this issue only occurs when 2 different types of castle magic spells act on the same item, but sometimes castle magic spells just won't do their jobs. For example, in some of my houses I have items get bigger and rise up, but sometimes the item will only do one of the tasks. Some consistently fail to do their assignments every time I load up the house, while for others it appears to be random. I can always go into the housing menu to reset the objects, which makes them work properly, but if I am not in the house to do that, other people experience the issue too. Redoing the castle magic does not solve the problem. Does anyone else find their castle magic unwilling to cooperate? I'm looking for a solution to this, thank you if you have any insight.

Administrator
tige888 on Mar 16, 2019 wrote:
It appears that this issue only occurs when 2 different types of castle magic spells act on the same item, but sometimes castle magic spells just won't do their jobs. For example, in some of my houses I have items get bigger and rise up, but sometimes the item will only do one of the tasks. Some consistently fail to do their assignments every time I load up the house, while for others it appears to be random. I can always go into the housing menu to reset the objects, which makes them work properly, but if I am not in the house to do that, other people experience the issue too. Redoing the castle magic does not solve the problem. Does anyone else find their castle magic unwilling to cooperate? I'm looking for a solution to this, thank you if you have any insight.
Bumping this up for you to see if any others are having similar issues.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
I had an issue with duel actions on an item too. I was trying to make a flaming demon pig that was bigger and when you approach it he breathes his fire. I could make him bigger but then the detector to activate X failed. I ended up giving up on having both magic effects and sat him on a table...breathing fire at people coming near. It would have been great to have both!

I've been playing with castle magic a lot for the decorating competition. There have been a few issues with things claiming to be unable to go invisible, some of which have worked after a few attempts!

Making fish tanks invisible seems to be inconsistent as to whether the fish remains visible or not to different wizards in the house...I'm not sure why but after multiple attempts and checking with several accounts I could not make them consistent. I'm not sure whether the invisibility spell is supposed to leave the fish visible or not...maybe we just get lucky when the fish can be seen swimming without a tank?

Also a sparkle globe that gts bigger and goes up into the roof - sometimes it managed both, sometimes it got bigger then failed to go up. I'm not sure what I did differently (I just kept trying the same thing over and over) but now it seems to do both consistently (fingers crossed lol)

It does seem a little buggy and inconsistent at times and I hope the little bugs get fixed so they work as intended first try. I can honestly say that castle magic is utterly brilliant and I'm loving using it!

I would love to fix this problem but I need to reproduce it first.

What I need is the simplest set of steps that will cause the problem.

For example, step 1 place a Magic Timer, step 2 make the timer cast Make Larger on a Flaming Demon Pig, etc

Thanks for your help!

Arthur

Astrologist
Feb 12, 2015
This is completely unrelated to Castle Magic, but I'm going to let you know about it.

So, I have a massive collection of House Guests, and all the ones that I've set to just stand there, they're all stuck in their walking animations! Opening and closing the housing tab fixes it, but it's a little bit annoying.

Armiger
Aug 03, 2014
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:

For example, step 1 place a Magic Timer, step 2 make the timer cast Make Larger on a Flaming Demon Pig, etc

Thanks for your help!

Arthur
Hi Arthur

I've tried to recreate the examples I gave above but I had to do it in another house with no other magic (item space is full now on the house I was working on).

The flaming demon pig worked as intended - he grew and on approach he activated his fire breathing. I've not added him to the inside of my magic house and it is working, but it is running off a second start detector.

The sparkle globe inconsistencies are currently working perfectly in the original house - as I said, I'm not sure what I did differently to rectify it though. I just kept reapplying the magic until it stopped failing...so far, so good!

I wonder if the issue might be running all magic from one start detector? Perhaps adding another start detector would help it avoid bugs? In my magic house I was using only one start detector for all the magic outside and some of it would fail to activate correctly. Is there a limit to how many steps they can take from the origin? I had the start activate a reflector which then activated multiple reflectors and the timers...everything was then linked from these. Everything activates from one start detector.

The fish tanks were still inconsistent even in a separate house with nothing else going on.

I put the start detector to a reflector, the reflector to the tank with the action of making it invisible. My wizard could see the fish but no tank. I ported in my second account and again, she could see the fish but no tank. I ported my third account in and boom - no fish or tank.

I'm not sure if seeing the fish without the tank is an anomaly and only happens when the loading time and spell do not correspond as expected. Are we supposed to be able to see the fish but not the tank or are they both expected to go invisible? Either way, some wizards can see the fish but no tank, while others can not see either.

Another little thing is that sometimes the pets run on the spot when they get to their bread crumb instead of following the set action. I can see them running on one account while the other can see them in place doing their little dance or whatever they are meant to be doing. Could this be loading time causing a visual glitch perhaps?

I'm sorry I couldn't be more exact, it seems inconsistent in how it all happens and what one wizard can see isn't always the same as another wizard who has entered the area. Some of it I would have been unaware of if I had not been using multiple wizards eg the tanks and pets.

I hope this helps. I'm happy to try out more things if it could be helpful.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2014
Arthur Wethersfiel... on Mar 28, 2019 wrote:

Thanks for your help!

Arthur
I think this only happens when one magic reflector makes one item do two or more things. When I made a timer activate one reflector to make an object rise, then, a second later, another reflector to make an item bigger, this problem never occured.