Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't use Skeletal Dragon? Huh?

AuthorMessage
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
Ok so i was fighting a boss, and I had a skeletal dragon treasure card. So, I get every power pip there is, discard a card and draw skeletal dragon. But, it doesn't show up yellow. It is still black! But, I had every power pip and no regular pips! Idk why this is happening. Thank you.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
Are you a death student? If not, do you have a death mastery amulet? If the answer to both of those questions is NO, then that is why. Skeletal dragon takes 8 pips to cast. The power pips only count as 2 pips for your school of focus or if you have a mastery amulet for the school of the spell you want to use.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 60 Life

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
PIEISGREATYA wrote:
Ok so i was fighting a boss, and I had a skeletal dragon treasure card. So, I get every power pip there is, discard a card and draw skeletal dragon. But, it doesn't show up yellow. It is still black! But, I had every power pip and no regular pips! Idk why this is happening. Thank you.

Unless you are Death school or have the mastery amulet for Death, you cannot cast that spell since you will never have enough pips for it. It costs 8 pips and non-Death students get a max of 7 for Death spells.

Delver
Aug 30, 2011
PIEISGREATYA wrote:

The spell, since it is a level 58, requires 8 pips. Since they don't want low levels to get their hands on them, especially with the PvP thing, they only allow it for the rightful school for the spell. So you will need to be a death student and gain at least one power pip in order to cast the spell. If that cannot be accomplished then you've only wasted your money buying a un-castable spell.