Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't get open chat help!!!!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 21, 2012
am 14 i have text chat and my grandmother just made a purchase with a credit card on playpal and i'm pretty sure it was valid anyway i was excited to get open chat i had her permission to get it so when we logged into the parental controls and clicked on my account there was no open chat option nothing all we saw was " Filtered Chat " then " True Friend Code " and " gifting " i was really upset because all my friends had open chat and when they said somethings i could'nt understand them. First i tried logging on then logging into parental controls Nothing same thing then my grandmother tried contacting customore service they weren't much help so then as this as my last resource i hope someone anyone knows what i can do someone anyone please help me!!

Administrator
There are 2 criteria to receive Open Chat (not Filtered Chat) on an account:

1) Your account must be set up with an age of 18 years old or older.
2) You must have made a purchase on our site with a valid Credit Card.

This is KingsIsle’s policy and is in line with COPPA requirements & intent – we will not bend our policy or federal law to appease a player’s wants, nor will we make exceptions.

The filtered chat, which is available to your account (assuming it’s not found being abused), is entirely viable for enjoying Wizard101 gameplay. Open Chat does not allow any deviations from the Terms of Use, nor does it suddenly allow you to see other filtered chat users misspellings, etc. The net change in chat ability is nominal between the 2 options (filtered v open).

community@wizard101.com
Survivor
Mar 21, 2012