Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't get into Necropolis!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2010
I finished the Grand Chasm and got the Portal Stone for the Necropolis, but the portal to the Necropolis isn't there! I tried exiting and going back on Wizard101, but that didn't work, then I tried coming back after a while, but that didn't work either! Please help!

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Magofire233 wrote:
I finished the Grand Chasm and got the Portal Stone for the Necropolis, but the portal to the Necropolis isn't there! I tried exiting and going back on Wizard101, but that didn't work, then I tried coming back after a while, but that didn't work either! Please help!

If this is the "Explore the Necropolis" quest, read the "?" dialogue bubble in your quest log for it.

The first time that you enter the Necropolis, you go to the Plaza of Conquests and use the large double dragon doors. Look at your map and you will see them at the top of the map in the Plaza of Conquests.

After this first visit, then you can use the regular portal to enter the Necropolis.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Magofire233 wrote:

You have to go the long way around first.

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/9356.ftl#45941

https://www.wizard101.com/posts/list/5227.ftl#26303

Adherent
May 20, 2010
The portal is broken. You have to visit the Necropolis the long way, by going through the Plaza of Conquests (check your map). Once you've actually visited the Necropolis this way, you'll get a quest complete notification, and the portal in the Basilica (where Cyrus Drake is) will work thereafter.

Delver
May 26, 2009
Magofire233 wrote:

This happened to me too. To open the portal, all you need to do is port to a friend in the Necropolis and it's all fixed :D

Champion
Feb 14, 2010
Go to the Grand Chasm and follow the quest arrow. You have to enter through the back of the Grand Chasm the first time you enter the Necropolis. Then the portal will activate.

Delver
Mar 08, 2009
You have to travel there. Go through Plaza of Conquest to the exit which should be the Necropolis. Then speak to the crystal guide.

Happy questing!