Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Can't connect to Wizard101

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 12, 2011
When I first get onto Wizard101 is says can't connect please try again later it's been saying this for a 2 days now and does this to any account I log into. What is going on can someone help me with this problem Please and Thank You.

~Dwaine Gaines
Fellow Wizard101 Citizen

Adherent
May 20, 2010
Survivor
May 15, 2010
:xI have had problems with mine since early saturday morning, went on ALL DAY, and still ALL DAY today, bout ready to call it quits. Because the days i can play the most is saturday and sunday, if i CAN'T log in why bother paying? Really on my nerves about NOW!!! :x

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Is the error 126? If so, look up solution 126 and try those remedies. If that doesn't work send in a ticket. I had a similar problem this past weekend and was fixed after submitting the ticket.

Survivor
May 15, 2010
i am not sure what a ticket is or how to aquire it but i replied a few mins ago to a wizards email to fix

[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]
exactly what happens is, i open wizards program in full screen, login, it loads and i hit play
then switchs to full screen to the opening sequence, says in the middle of the screen,
top line "ERROR"
next line "Could not connect to wizard101."
next line "Please try again later"
then has the "Quit" button in the corner
but at the bottom says connecting to wizards101...please wait...
until i hit any key except enter, then changes to
connecting to server... please wait...
i turn off my internet connection and whole computer (not sleep, OFF!) every night
i really know its not on my end, i have tried everything i can, such as turning off my mcafee
then turning it back on, no changes at all, i would like to say that i am in western NY if there is
a problem up there?
[===> Please enter your reply above this line <===]

anyone know anything on what to do? plz update dwainegaines if you get yours working...

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Does it give you an error number? It should say below the big letters "ERROR" what type of error.

Survivor
May 15, 2010
Honestly, NO numbers AT ALL! if there were a number i could fix by what i find in the help section, anyone think that uninstalling and reinstalling would work?

Survivor
May 15, 2010
And I did push F11 to take a pic, how do i make it so people can see it? this has been going on since 5/14/11
it worked in the morning, walked away and it logged me off, since then has not been on!

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
chuckirish wrote:
Honestly, NO numbers AT ALL! if there were a number i could fix by what i find in the help section, anyone think that uninstalling and reinstalling would work?

Sometimes it does help. I would try reinstalling first, before uninstalling and reinstalling. Depending on situations, files can become corrupted or missing, thereby creating errors at login (especially the patch related files).

At least something to try until support can help you out.

Survivor
May 15, 2010
kingurz wrote:
chuckirish wrote:

Sometimes it does help. I would try reinstalling first, before uninstalling and reinstalling. Depending on situations, files can become corrupted or missing, thereby creating errors at login (especially the patch related files).

At least something to try until support can help you out.

I did uninstall then restarted my cpu, then installed, then restarted cpu again, no change last night!
just thought to try before i sent the response thru, IT WORKED, but loading everything, guess i shall be in game in an hour or so to work for my new pet!