Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Cannot log into game keeps tells me to reinstall

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 10, 2011
A few weeks ago my son's Wizard 101 icon disappeared from his desktop, I reinstalled many times
also ran scans on the computer but the Wizard icon will not work when we click. We keep getting
the same error that Wizard installer needs to be reinstalled. I have done this many times.

Geographer
Jun 06, 2008
Hi. You may want to try these instructions that are typically sent out with installer issues similar to yours:

The Wizard101 installer checks whether the Visual C++ 2005 Runtime redistributable is installed. Wizard101 requires the latest (SP1) version of this redistributable, but the older version has the same registry signature as SP1. So, in cases where the old version is already installed on your computer, our installer determines that no install is required, but it really is, which causes the endless loop.Simply put, there are some Microsoft library files that aren't updated correctly during the install, though you need them to run the game. You can find the installation for the updated file here:Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)

Just download and run the file from Microsoft, and launch Wizard101. You should be up and running in no time!

If this doesn't work, please contact our Customer Support for more assistance and feel free to reference this Message Board thread when you do so.

Email: support@wizard101.com
Web: https://www.wizard101.com/CustomerSupport/game