Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards


Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Buy back training points..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
45
It's telling me it will cost me 4200 crowns to buy them back. I remember buying them back when it first came out, but I don't remember buying them back any other time and I doubt it jumped from 350 (or whatever) to 4200.
I trained at Balance as my 2nd school because I thought you got the Hydra pet with the Hydra card, and now I feel that school is a waste because the only card I use is the Hydra card, and most of the time it fizzles.
I'd rather have death as my 2nd school and life as my 3rd.

Administrator
You are charged for the number of training points that you have spent. Last time you checked you may not have spent very many, but have spent more since.

If you've only spent four training points, you will be charged for those four training points. If you've spent 8 training points, you will be charged for those eight.

Hope that answers your question!

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 24, 2008
33
Hey gamma, there's a problem i've been encountering (sorry for spelling). Every single time i go to mr. lincholn (again, sorry for spelling) i cant buy back training points. Why is this?

Fred angleblade level 48 (finally!) life
the force will be with you. always.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
45
Oh, that stinks.
Wish I'd have known that earlier, I wouldn't have waited as long to buy them back.

Survivor
Mar 14, 2009
47
Gamma,

A lot of wizards dont know what they are doing when they get there first few training points and sometimes spend them all in different schools, which as you know means you wont be able to get the higher level spells in certain schools. Saying that gets me to the point that every wizard should be entitled to one 'free' training point by back. :)


Alex Shade

Thanks for reading and/or considering :) Many wizards would be greatful if you gave them this oppurtunity


Defender
Dec 11, 2008
128
I looked into buying back my points as well, but had already reached 40+ levels. I think the price is WAY too high. For what that costs, I could almost pay for my subscription for the month. I am only unhappy with my THIRD school. I am Myth and then bough all Life spells, and then all death spells up to FEINT. I used my very last point at level 50 to buy the tri-sword for MYTH, DEATH AND LIFE.

There should be an option to choose what you want to buy back, not just have to buy back everything.

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
45
crusher2488 wrote:
I looked into buying back my points as well, but had already reached 40+ levels. I think the price is WAY too high. For what that costs, I could almost pay for my subscription for the month. I am only unhappy with my THIRD school. I am Myth and then bough all Life spells, and then all death spells up to FEINT. I used my very last point at level 50 to buy the tri-sword for MYTH, DEATH AND LIFE.

There should be an option to choose what you want to buy back, not just have to buy back everything.


I agree.
I'm Myth as my main school & trained all the way through Balance & part of Death.
I'd rather drop Balance & train through Death and part of life.
I only trained at Balance because I thought that was where you got the hydra pet, because someone said you got it from Balance with a card, thus making me think that's how you got it.

And I also agree that paying $10 to buy back your training points is a bit ridiculous.
You pay $10 for a subscription and I paid $10 the other day to buy crowns to get some better clothes since I kept getting killed in DS.
But I can't afford ANOTHER $10 for my training points, and it would almost be a waste now since I'm almost lvl 50 (5k XP from LVL 48).

Survivor
May 20, 2009
12
Where do you buy back training points?

My youngest son click (and used his first training point) without knowing what he was doing. And I'd like to help him get it back.

Administrator
When young Wizards first start out at Ravenwood School of Magical Arts, they are often excited by the many different spells to spend Training Points on, such as shields and magical spells outside their school of focus. We understand that as Wizards progress, they sometimes wish they could return those spells in exchange for their Training Points back. Well now you can!

Mr Lincoln in Golem Court will allow you to Spend Crowns to buy back all your Training Points and return all of the spells obtained with those Training Points. You can respend your new Training Points as desired.



The price in Crowns is dependent on your level and how many training points you have spent, as well as how many times you have sold back your spells.

{o,o}
  |)_)
 -?-?-
Survivor
Dec 20, 2008
9
MissNat wrote:
crusher2488 wrote:
I looked into buying back my points as well, but had already reached 40+ levels. I think the price is WAY too high. For what that costs, I could almost pay for my subscription for the month. I am only unhappy with my THIRD school. I am Myth and then bough all Life spells, and then all death spells up to FEINT. I used my very last point at level 50 to buy the tri-sword for MYTH, DEATH AND LIFE.

There should be an option to choose what you want to buy back, not just have to buy back everything.


I agree.
I'm Myth as my main school & trained all the way through Balance & part of Death.
I'd rather drop Balance & train through Death and part of life.
I only trained at Balance because I thought that was where you got the hydra pet, because someone said you got it from Balance with a card, thus making me think that's how you got it.

And I also agree that paying $10 to buy back your training points is a bit ridiculous.
You pay $10 for a subscription and I paid $10 the other day to buy crowns to get some better clothes since I kept getting killed in DS.
But I can't afford ANOTHER $10 for my training points, and it would almost be a waste now since I'm almost lvl 50 (5k XP from LVL 48).


I don't know WHY you ppl want to drop Balance! I'm just saying, if you wait until lvl 20/26 you'll get the attack spells! Besides that are teh shields, and they are useful too! Say, when you get to Malistare, and you've dropped all the balance spells, and it's just you and your friend and he/she did the same thing as you. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE AS MANY SHIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I hope you agree with me, Balance is very useful!


~Lail DS~ Lvl 48, soon to be 49! :) :-) :D 8) :P ;) ;-)

Survivor
Feb 21, 2009
45
pyron9 wrote:
MissNat wrote:
crusher2488 wrote:
I looked into buying back my points as well, but had already reached 40+ levels. I think the price is WAY too high. For what that costs, I could almost pay for my subscription for the month. I am only unhappy with my THIRD school. I am Myth and then bough all Life spells, and then all death spells up to FEINT. I used my very last point at level 50 to buy the tri-sword for MYTH, DEATH AND LIFE.

There should be an option to choose what you want to buy back, not just have to buy back everything.


I agree.
I'm Myth as my main school & trained all the way through Balance & part of Death.
I'd rather drop Balance & train through Death and part of life.
I only trained at Balance because I thought that was where you got the hydra pet, because someone said you got it from Balance with a card, thus making me think that's how you got it.

And I also agree that paying $10 to buy back your training points is a bit ridiculous.
You pay $10 for a subscription and I paid $10 the other day to buy crowns to get some better clothes since I kept getting killed in DS.
But I can't afford ANOTHER $10 for my training points, and it would almost be a waste now since I'm almost lvl 50 (5k XP from LVL 48).


I don't know WHY you ppl want to drop Balance! I'm just saying, if you wait until lvl 20/26 you'll get the attack spells! Besides that are teh shields, and they are useful too! Say, when you get to Malistare, and you've dropped all the balance spells, and it's just you and your friend and he/she did the same thing as you. YOU WOULDN'T HAVE AS MANY SHIELDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. I hope you agree with me, Balance is very useful!


~Lail DS~ Lvl 48, soon to be 49! :) :-) :D 8) :P ;) ;-)



I've already trained completely through Balance & the *only* 2 spells I use is Hydra & the tornado thing.
But I only use the tornado if the people toss up -80% myth shields.
I've already fought Malistaire & did perfectly fine with my myth and death spells.
Also, you can buy shields if you really need them.. I hardly ever use them unless I'm in a tower battle.

Survivor
Dec 22, 2008
9

The price in Crowns is dependent on your level and how many training points you have spent, as well as how many times you have sold back your spells.



Well that is not very neat because i wanted to buy my training points back and when i checked it costs under 400 now its over 1400 and i do not have that kind of money to keep buying back my training points i pay with a family plan and i dont want to stop that just to use that money to buy crowns so i can buy back my training points



Explorer
Feb 01, 2009
64
magicjalapeno wrote:
Where do you buy back training points?

My youngest son click (and used his first training point) without knowing what he was doing. And I'd like to help him get it back.

you buy them back with crowns at mr lincoln in golem court.
paul fireward,master pyromancer