Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Bugs with the Beastmoon event - Ninja Pig -200

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
Some of the pip wisps are broken so that you can't pick them up and they can go through walls. There was even one stuck in the Beastmoon Hall.

One of the death fairy's damage over time spells ignored an ice colossus's shields and dealt damage without removing the shields.

Using a heal over time will not revive someone, but it will still show up on them.

Survivor
Mar 09, 2015
Hi There,

I noticed a bug in a recent match of Beastmoon hunt that happened in two fights (same match). When the Ninja Death Pig used their -200 weakness (Siphon Strength, I believe), it caused a repeating -200 weakness for the rest of the fight. Although the weakness symbol was gone after the first attack, the -200 applied to each successive attack--even after the Ninja Death Pig had died. It happened both to me (playing a Storm Krok) and my teammate (playing a Balance Wolf).

Survivor
Aug 06, 2010
I'm having issues with the new beastmoon event. My computer keeps freezing at end and it won't let me exit or do anything. have to completely close wizard. Not all my points are registering either

Survivor
Dec 29, 2011
Hi, I'm trying to join a beastmoon hunt with my fellow wizards by joining with a group. Both of my storm and balance wizards cannot join a group beastmoon hunt. I'm not sure what's happening but on top of this, I seem to be able to not find a match all night. I'm not sure if my wizards are not finding a match may be because I haven't gotten any badges but I am kinda disappointed.

Delver
Aug 10, 2010
What has happened to the progress on the Beastmoon seeds? They used to turn "young" in what seemed like less than 1 minute and ready to harvest within an hour. I planted seeds 8 hours ago and the last one just went to "Mature" and the other two are about 25% to elder.

In the hunt, pip wisps are everywhere but you can't pick them up, it's like they're not going away when someone else has already taken them. I have also had problems with chests this time, I walk up to the chest and don't get an X to open it. Maybe someone else has already opened it but it's not going away.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Here are some issues I encountered.

1- Heal over time now goes on a dead player. If revived, it heals them. Is this a bug or intended?

2- I cast a Feisty Sprite. A teammate had a blade. I did not get my shield.

3- Pip wisps are not always able to be collected. And they go through walls where we cannot go.

4- At the end of my first hunt, it said I earned 870 pts. I did not. I have a screenshot of that.

And now for the real important issues:

- We are not able to chat from within the hunt to players outside the hunt. This is terrible. No one wants this. People do not even know they are not able to chat anymore.

- Penalties are being given out with no fault of the accused.
While waiting in the queue to join the hunt, I have gotten a 15 minute penalty, saying I got it due to inactivity.
This has happened to me 4 times already. It is a lie, I was not inactive. Three of the times I was prepping for the hunt, checking my beastmoon seeds, waiting for them to grow, or I was checking the beastmoon stand in the arena, etc. One time I went to the bathroom for 1 minute and come back to see another 15-minute penalty. This has got to stop. We have an option to click to join the hunt now OR to let the countdown timer count us into the hunt. But now it seems if you do not click to join right away, you get a penalty. It's just not right. Please fix this asap!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I submitted a ticket last night in regards to a problem with what I call "the orange chain of death". I encountered it yesterday twice. Much to my surprise the first time I was suspended from play Beastmoon for 15 minutes. The second time I was informed I was banned from plating for an hour. I have to admit that being told I was banned bothered me much more than the "orange chain of death". I am a mature retired individual and would never purposely leave my team at a disadvantage by just leaving a match. I have been playing every Beastmoon event since it started - I love it !
To see the word banned really upset me. It has implies that I was a bad person and deserved punishment. I did nothing wrong. I lost connection in Beastmoon match, which has been a problem mentioned by many players in chat in the games, on the message boards, and in other sites that are sponsored by KI such as Wizard Central.
Today I played several matches with my life wizard, then switched to my balance wizard. In my very first match with my balance wizard I got the "orange chain of death". I have not logged out of that match, like I did with the other matches yesterday. My hope is that if I stay within that match, even tough I can do absolutely nothing for my team. I have not gotten the "red chain of death" that informs you that you have lost connection. Maybe if I wait long enough for the match to be over, I will not once again be banned from the game. I have no idea if the ban applies to just that wizard, or to my whole account and all wizards. I truly would be devastated if I got a message that I could not play Beastmoon for a day or more. Especially because it has a very short run time to play the event. At no fault of my own. My server shows I have full bars - great connection. So the problem is somewhere out of my control beyond my home connection.
I have never encountered an intermittent connection problem like this on any other game I play or social media. It only seems to happen in Beastmoon. If there is a thunderstorm or car takes out a telephone pole - then It is a total loss of connection. Not just a Beastmoon problem.
I ask Wizard101 administrators to please suspend the "time-out Ban" until this issue is resolved, or it is an obvious indication that a player left a match, but continued to play in the game elsewhere, and any chat that may indicate a disgruntled player left the match.

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
This evening we encountered players able to interrupt the "Capturing" timer by running around the center of the play circle.

Survivor
May 31, 2013
2 times yesterday when the match was over, I could not exit the game. Logging off the wizard and back on the Beastmoon map is on the screen when I am in Wizard city. In other words, I cannot see the Event or Friends buttons.

There is a problem with the balancing when there is a group of 6. You have 1 group working together while having either new people or people who do not listen grouped with you and you lose every time. Grouping needs to be changed to 3 to give everyone a chance to win... If not, I will just quit Beastmoon or even the game...

One fight a person died and the next round was raised and had 6 pips. Lucky for us, he never had a chance to use them.

I see other people reporting problems with pips and connection issues, so I will not! ;-)

Survivor
Jan 11, 2015
If someone is defeated and then healed back to life in the same round, both before their turn, they will cast the spell they selected to cast at the beginning of the round. This doesn't happen if the person is revived through the afterlife spell.

Casting an afterlife spell on a defeated player will revive them.

If you select to use a shamanic pact on a target and they are defeated before your turn, you will still cast the spell, but will only get the heal.

Pip wisps are not appearing on any of the duel circles after you win a battle. This makes it hard to collect enough pip wisps, because around half of the available pip wisps are broken.

Survivor
Apr 08, 2015
I want to report some bug on this week beastmoon.
1. The horrid homoncules spell from death fairy is not working.Does not clear overtime healing and does not denonate.
2.Overtime healing as charming pixie are being used on dead players and they still stay dead.
3.The Death Pig spell "Siphon Strength" is still keeping a -200 through multiple rounds of the match.
4.Pips staying same place and unable to get it.

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
Problems I've encountered:

• Only like half of the pip wisps can be picked up.
  • Anytime I begin the game or get defeated, the timer to enter the arena does not match when I can actually go back in-- it always makes me stay in the base an extra 5-10 seconds.
  • When capturing bases, once the timer hits zero, it takes about 10 extra seconds to actually capture the space.
  • When two people are capturing, the timer immediately goes to 0, but then it takes an extra several seconds to actually capture.
  • Whenever I get disconnected from the game, the entire game freezes and I am forced to shut down the whole Wizard101 program and wait 10+ minutes to play another beastmoon game.

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I too have multiple issues with the Beastmoon event. The primary one is the "orange chain of death" - noted in another thread under events. It stays orange, never goes to the next step of red and option to quit the game. So the only way is to manually use the keyboard to close the game. Then I must reboot my computer to have a "clean" connection when I sign back in. AND the most troubling part of this is I let my team down and obtain no points for the game played.
I have also noted the -200 the Ninja Pig tosses stay on the receiving opponent for the remainder of the fight. I have had it happen to me and I was useless to my team mates in the fight because most of my hits are under 200 points.
And I have seen the overtime heals cast on a defeated player, who then gets revived and the overtime heal just never goes away until the fight is over. BTW I now see many more Draconian Healers selected as beast forms in the match since the players became aware of this glitch - or is it an change in the way spells work?
Last night I saw a member of the other team in the play field in regular gear. He was running around, but not entering fights. Fred Frog was his Wizard name. Using the tab button to see the other team, he was active, but no beast form next to his name. Eventually he appeared in the match as the Colossus Ice Giant. By the way he played it appeared he was not an experienced player.
I have been an annual membership for over ten years and I have never seen such program errors. Please KI take a bit more time in the test realm and do changes with a close down of the game, like you used to do in the past. These "changes on the fly" with the game still running are just not working properly. It may be coincidental but, to me, it seems many more overall game glitches since you did the upgrade for the new Apple program. I am not going to even try to remember or mention all the minor quirks I have encountered in normal questing in the last week or so. Many of these glitches are already mentioned in other posts. If I bought a new car with all the problems that this game has, I would return it and asked for my money back - this game has almost turned into a Lemon - and I don't like lemonade.
My Wizard name that has encountered all this is Alric Fairycaster , A LVL-110 Life wiz.- I was on the game trying to play Beastmoon last night 05/07-08 From around 10 PM to 3 AM EDT. Just FYI, I am a 58yr. old retired Electronic Tech. among several other professions in this field and do know a bit about RENTING server space and paying as little as possable for it. I have been a paid subscriber for better than 10 years. I don't like drama and don't usually even report this stuff. However I am no child, I know what is happening here and do not like punishment for it. I know Wiz. actually has no control over it and can not fix it because it is STREAM's servers clashing with the new update so I suggest you quit banning PPL, quickly or change you'r update and re-release it later when you have tested it.

Defender
May 31, 2009
It's been mentioned here before but adding to this thread anyway because this isn't just an annoying but, it's a frustrating game changer.

Once the Ninja Pig casts the -200 weakness, it stays on that player for the rest of the match. When a player with the -200 uses a hit, the weakness is gone from the screen and no longer on the player, but the next time, and next time, and next time they hit, the -200 shows up and is applied to the hit. And every hit fort that entire fight.

Clearly this is an exploit as it gives a huge advantage to any player using this.

Casp

Administrator
Thanks everyone for your feedback on Beastmoon Hunt. We hope to have most of these issues resolved for the next event.

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Here is what Support said:

"We need to state clearly up front the following.
Our developers do not consider Beastmoon to be broken.

They consider it to be working as intended.

We have provided the link where you can reach them directly and you state you have done so."

I told them what I think of this reply in a lengthy email.
They also asked me to do a trace route and I obliged.
Oh, and I also used their words against them in telling them that they can now go check out the link that guided me here. They can read this thread themselves, then let them tell me again how it's not broken, and "working as intended". LOL

Btw, A 5th time I was not able to enter a Hunt due to "inactivity". This time I did click the join match button, and I was waiting and waiting and waiting until I was given the 15 minute penalty for waiting so long.

One other thing people here might not be realizing is, we are no longer able to whisper chat if one person is in the beastmoon and the other person is not. This is major and needs to be changed. Not even chat channel or group chat seem to be working.

Sparck, I think lunari should be considered as compensation to players experiencing all these beastmoon bugs. Or, at least do as what was done with Pet Promenade and add extra lunari to an earlier reward.

Not a bug but other things that can be changed too is -
The tiny triangle representing our character. I think this is part of the reason I get turned around so many times. I cannot figure out which way I am walking sometimes.

And card descriptions. I can not always figure out what each card is supposed to do. It is especially harder now, seeing as many of them are being reported here as not working as intended. If there is any way to clarify spell cards, that'd be most helpful.

Survivor
Feb 07, 2015
Rowantimes6 on May 6, 2020 wrote:
I submitted a ticket last night in regards to a problem with what I call "the orange chain of death". I encountered it yesterday twice. Much to my surprise the first time I was suspended from play Beastmoon for 15 minutes. The second time I was informed I was banned from plating for an hour. I have to admit that being told I was banned bothered me much more than the "orange chain of death". I am a mature retired individual and would never purposely leave my team at a disadvantage by just leaving a match. I have been playing every Beastmoon event since it started - I love it !
To see the word banned really upset me. It has implies that I was a bad person and deserved punishment. I did nothing wrong. I lost connection in Beastmoon match, which has been a problem mentioned by many players in chat in the games, on the message boards, and in other sites that are sponsored by KI such as Wizard Central.
Today I played several matches with my life wizard, then switched to my balance wizard. In my very first match with my balance wizard I got the "orange chain of death". I have not logged out of that match, like I did with the other matches yesterday. My hope is that if I stay within that match, even tough I can do absolutely nothing for my team. I have not gotten the "red chain of death" that informs you that you have lost connection. Maybe if I wait long enough for the match to be over, I will not once again be banned from the game. I have no idea if the ban applies to just that wizard, or to my whole account and all wizards. I truly would be devastated if I got a message that I could not play Beastmoon for a day or more. Especially because it has a very short run time to play the event. At no fault of my own. My server shows I have full bars - great connection. So the problem is somewhere out of my control beyond my home connection.
I have never encountered an intermittent connection problem like this on any other game I play or social media. It only seems to happen in Beastmoon. If there is a thunderstorm or car takes out a telephone pole - then It is a total loss of connection. Not just a Beastmoon problem.
I ask Wizard101 administrators to please suspend the "time-out Ban" until this issue is resolved, or it is an obvious indication that a player left a match, but continued to play in the game elsewhere, and any chat that may indicate a disgruntled player left the match.
same thing happened to me. the game kicked me out 3 times during beastmoon and when i logged back in after the 3rd time to join another match it said i had to wait a day. then it dropped to 4 hours. i waited for 2 days and now the times keep changing and telling me to wait various minutes that ive waited out. i have pictures

Survivor
Jun 22, 2010
I have this same issue the ban timers are counting up not down. This is ridiculous, why not take it down and fix it and then put it up ? My timer went from 500 min. yesterday to 2000 plus min. today and I never had a chance to play that char.
Here is another post with same issue:

TIcestone2008

May 06, 1:19 PM

Re: Beastmoon "Time-Out" penalty - orange chain of death in game
I also got the "orange chain of death" last night. But mine appears to be a total ban on Beastmoon. At first last night it said I was banned and then it quickly changed to a 4 hour ban, however, this morning it is a 12 hour ban. When I reached out to Tech Support this morning they replied that their systems were working...nothing else. I replied back to them with a screen shot of your post and I am waiting on a reply. I was kicked out and was able to reconnect last night several times but I didn't get any points for those battles because "I" left the game. The final time was on the last round of the spiral fight and we won because my wife was on the other team but I was counted as missing so no points for that one either. Hopefully they fix it and we are able to play again soon.

Survivor
Aug 07, 2019
I noticed a glitch to one of the myth rats cards. the -125 weakness to all is not able to be used, this happened to several matches today.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I also have a problem with the count down of time-out. Yesterday my Rowan Sea wizard had first a 4 hour Banned time out. So I figured OK I can play again around 4 PM. Imagine my disappointment when I figured the time had run out. It let me click join match, then the second click but instead of joining the match I got another time out message - this time in minutes, not hours - ok 600 minutes equals 10 hours - SAY WHAT? I was so angry. I had not been allowed to play all day and now I couldn't play until Saturday morning? So these accumulated "orange chain of deaths" that produced "Banned" notices were all stacked? and as soon as one was expired the next one stepped up to ruin my being able to play Beastmoon. OK Saturday morning I get on, all happy that I can finally continue my Beastmoon game and might be able to get to the 570 point award. NOPE - NO WAY - AIN"T GONNA HAPPEN. Upon getting to my Rowan Sea wizard - all happy I can play the 10 hours have passed. I click join twice - I am beyond despondent - I now have to wait 2850 minutes ( over 47 hours ) I most likely will never be able to play at all in this Beastmoon event. The event will be finished before all the stacked up banned notices will ever expire. Who knows if the only way to get rid of them is during a Beastmoon event . . . I may not be able to play any Beastmoon events for the next 6 months due to the accumulated, ever increasing in length of time bans due to the wide-spread "orange chain of death" that a multitude of players encountered.
KI, PLEASE find a way to remove all these "punishments", when It was nothing I did, it was out of my control. It was not a red chain disconnect, it only went to the orange stage and stayed there ( I actually left it to see if I might rejoin the game for 45 minutes), it always stayed orange- so that tells me that either the Wizard program had an error, or your servers had an error. And now it is early evening Saturday, and I suspect there are very few KI "program fixers" working on the weekend. Maybe Monday someone might read this, but by the time the restrictions on playing are "repaired" - if they ever do get revoked - This Beastmoon event will be over, or down to short time.
One glimmer of hope - because I love Beastmoon so much, I started using one of my other wizards - happily it appears the "orange chain of death" has been fixed. But this wizard is a never played "noob" and has none of the necessary items to level up, tier up, and is restricted what beasts can be selected.
Now please fix the accumulation of all the "time-outs" that are stacked to ever increasing lengths of time.

Survivor
Jan 15, 2011
I feel I have to post something so I can be added to the list of people who are fairly upset. The bugs in the beastmoon event and the game instability has got to be addressed. This is Mother's day and my wife is very upset now because she been trying to do the beastmoon event and gets disconnected, character loads invisible, or unable to interact with the beastform statues to play the event. When she returns from a disconnect the game essentially bans her from the event. It is not our internet connection because I'm on my computer playing, and was working on organizing house inventory and gardening. She is now banned from the event for three days even though the event only good for one day. She is trying to contact Customer Service and their response is its her problem with her internet connection not the servers, and these measures were put in place cause it is not fair to other players. This to me is not proper customer service.

I personally stopped playing the event because there is no point. The pig is broken giving opponents -200 permanent blades, broken pip wisps, disconnecting, and more. I also have been having severe connection instability when I zone into another area. The loading screen just sits there and never times out or anything. I've waited as much as 20 minutes before returning to my desktop and terminating the game via task manager. Once in a while the game just outright exits back to Windows and message pop-up the game has crashed and asks if you like to report this. I'm a patient person, but my frustration is more so because its Mother's Day and this certainly is not celebrating it the slightest especially with the customer service responses she is getting.

Defender
May 02, 2010
The death ninja pig ability Siphon Strength is giving infinite -200 debuffs to the opponent. There is no visible negative charm over the affected enemy's head. One person exploiting it was named Catherine Lionflower and I had no way to report her. I also want to add a feature to report enemy players in beastmoon hunts.

Survivor
Aug 24, 2013
Yes, I'd also like to make a contribution. The Syphon Strength spell on Death Ninja Pig is broken. It applies -200 damage for the entire match.

Also the banned on entering for inactivity is very unfair. I was collecting beastmoon coins from plants while waiting in queue and was banned for 15 minutes due to "apparently" inactivity. VERY unfair. Yes, I've let the timer reach 0 on the countdown. It doesn't mean everyone must be banned if the timer reaches 0 and you didn't click "Ready". The timer is there for a reason. Please fix this! Banned for inactivity should be if a player hasn't earned certain amount of points during the beastmoon hunt, not while we tend garden, go to bazaar quickly, rush to go to the toilet. Sometimes it takes a while to join a team, so I click Join Match and quickly do other things while I wait.

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
One very interesting thing I have noticed while reading the posts. Look at how long these members have been playing Wizard101. Many are long time players and payers of the game. Then look at how many times they have felt the need to take the time post on the message boards.

Wizard programmers and administration should notice this. This is a group of people that have financially supported this game for many years. This is a group of people that has endured many of the game program glitches and just "rolled with it" and never felt the need to post a problem on many of those bumps in the road.

One interesting aspect of this problem I noticed Sunday night. I was using my young alternative Fire Wizard to try and play Beastmoon. The one I started playing with when my other two wizards were prevented, banned, suspended from play for outrageous amount of days. I was in Unicorn Way chatting with a friend and first I noticed my chat wasn't working. Then I noticed once again the "orange chain of death" But I was not signed in for a Beastmoon match. Surprise Surprise . . the "orange chain of death" only lasted about 15 seconds, then briefly turned yellow, then I was back to normal play. So I now know this is happening in the rest of the game, but so brief I suspect many players don't even look for the disconnect icons in the lower right of the screen. They just are paused in play for a moment and never knew there was a connection problem. It is in Beatsmoon that I get locked up in the "Orange chain of death", and penalized for ever increasing lengths of time. Due to no action of my player in the game, or my end of the connection. I have many screen grabs if the "problem fixers and KI" want to see them. I have submitted several tickets and pretty much got back the notice response that other have received. It implies that it was my problem and then the follow-up message that it has been 24 hours with no reply back so the ticket was closed.

I have no idea where your programming error is. It coincides primarily with the changes for the new Apple upgrade and the Spring Update. Please in the future take more time testing things in the test realm. I remember when the test realm was several weeks or months long, then it took a month or so before it was incorporated into the game. And sometimes there was a second test realm period to be sure all the fixes worked. That doesn't seem to be the way anymore. You are so quick to release a new item that it is not fully tested and then you try to fix "on the fly". Please take your time and make sure it is working correctly before releasing a new program change /update.

KI this is not the way to treat any paying member, especially those that have been playing for many years and seldom found the need to communicate a problem in the past. I sincerely hope the game administrators step up to this issue and find a way to resolve the not quite disconnect issue, remove the stacked "time-outs" from my, and others, assorted wizards, and find an amicable way to compensate all of us for the disruption in play and the emotional angst we have had to endure during an country and global pandemic that already has us almost at the end of our ropes. Please do not forget many of these player posts come from individuals that have been supporting this game financially for many many years.

I Love this game but it is getting to the point that I seriously wonder if it is worth my frustration and high blood pressure to continue playing. It used to be a fun time out to escape from real world problems. It is not fun when the game is more problems than the real world.

Mastermind
Jun 10, 2011
The -200 weakness the Death pig has is glitched, and will linger permanently. Currently, this means the pig can completely disable someone for the entire match, with just a pip. This is extremely annoying and the pig needs to be disabled completely until a fix is pushed.